Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pls make comments on these three Dainichi Tosai

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    Eric-san. That was perfect except just a few wrong kanji words.
    But he won't understand it because I believe that he not a Japanese.
    Ahhh....

Wow, I didnt know I was becoming that good. Thank you tomodachi!

Ops, I guess it didn't matter though,

I tryed to decipher his name and it it came out to be, saikoshounin.

Quote Originally Posted by 西湖上 View Post
    Sorry Don. I will try to avoid these problems
    Yi . . .

Don't spend another second thinking about it.

We're just glad to have you join our board. Welcome!

Jumbo
    Yi, for a chinese living in China, your english is very good.

Thanks for the 'baby' pictures. They provide a critical information on the koi's devolopment over the last few months. When we look at a young koi from a dealer, it is more likely than not that we have not the slightest clue on the path it has taken. This is the first time I have seen this kind of information.

thanks
    stan

Yi: I am very interested in learning more about koikeeping in China and about Chinese breeding efforts. Whenever you have time to start a new thread about koi in China, please do. And, just post whatever you think might be interesting. Your English is excellent; and your writing style is easily understood. I think you can provide a wonderful view of the hobby in China that we in the West do not know much about.

In regard to your tosai, I am familiar with moderate and low quality koi being produced in China in high volume production farms, much as occurs at most koi farms in the United States. Your tosai represent an effort to breed for quality. (We are very excited in the U.S. about the handful of breeders who are devoting their effort to producing high quality, although the best quality koi are definitely bred in Japan.) I would like to know more about the breeder, how his farm is operated, and the varieties of koi he is breeding. Is he selling all of his production in China, or is he exporting, too?

And, I am wondering what the price range is for the koi he is producing.

...I'll stop asking questions. Soon there would be too many.

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Yi . . .

Don't spend another second thinking about it.

We're just glad to have you join our board. Welcome!
    Thanks Don! That was very encouraging!

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan View Post
    Yi, for a chinese living in China, your english is very good.

Thanks for the 'baby' pictures. They provide a critical information on the koi's devolopment over the last few months. When we look at a young koi from a dealer, it is more likely than not that we have not the slightest clue on the path it has taken. This is the first time I have seen this kind of information.

thanks
    stan
    Thank you Stan!
    Actually all people in China who have had high school education since 1980s have learnt English for 6 years as a compulsory subject, although some worked harder than the others.

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Yi: I am very interested in learning more about koikeeping in China and about Chinese breeding efforts. Whenever you have time to start a new thread about koi in China, please do. And, just post whatever you think might be interesting. Your English is excellent; and your writing style is easily understood. I think you can provide a wonderful view of the hobby in China that we in the West do not know much about.

I believe hobbyists here in China have the same desire to learn about koi keeping in the West. Koi keeping as a hobby has only just become popular and the more you know about koi, the more you realise how little you know about it. The style of koi keeping here is more or less migrated from HK and Taiwan and I have already noticed the big differences in pond construction and pond equipments, etc. between the Chinese koi keeping and that of the west, which is really interesting.

In regard to your tosai, I am familiar with moderate and low quality koi being produced in China in high volume production farms, much as occurs at most koi farms in the United States. Your tosai represent an effort to breed for quality. (We are very excited in the U.S. about the handful of breeders who are devoting their effort to producing high quality, although the best quality koi are definitely bred in Japan.) I would like to know more about the breeder, how his farm is operated, and the varieties of koi he is breeding. Is he selling all of his production in China, or is he exporting, too?

I believe the majority of the koi breeders here in China (to be honest, too many have emerged over the past 3-4 years) all set out with an ambition to produce similar, if not better, quality kois as their counter parts in Japan. But only a handful of koi breeders have now become quite successful, although I don't think there is anyone has reached the level of the top Japanese farms. Unfortunately there is a language problem as I don't think there is any koi breeder here that has an English website. I will try to introduce a few to you folks down the track. I believe some farms have started exporting, but not in big volumes.

And, I am wondering what the price range is for the koi he is producing.

The tosais I bought cost me roughly 140USD each. Depending on the occasion, time and channel, and of course quality you buy them, price of the tosais like that can range from between 40USD to 200USD. I don't think anyone would pay more than that because you can get the commercial grade tosais from, for example, Momotaro and Sakai for about 200-300USD.

...I'll stop asking questions. Soon there would be too many.
    You are welcome! I am sure I will through more questions at you down the track!
    Have a nice weekend!

Yi

Thank you, Yi. I look forward to learning more from you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234