Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: numbers of koi at a show

Hey Don are there any photos of the show in that? If so can you please scan it and send it to me?
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth View Post
    Hey Don are there any photos of the show in that? If so can you please scan it and send it to me?
    I'll just do a new thread since I'm sure it will be educational to others, too?

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    I'll just do a new thread since I'm sure it will be educational to others, too?
    We aren't fooling ourselves, we know it would be next to impossible to enforce, BUT we also know that most koi folks are basically honest and we would like to rely on that honesty. Plus word gets around when a ringer is coming in. We have nothing against "ringers",(I know, I've been there!! LOL ) We just want our members to feel like they can compete. After some time has passed and we hopefully get larger and better, we likely will reconsider the rule. So many that did not enter fish last year were overheard saying that they had fish just as nice at home. So they have some incentive to join in next year....we hope!!!
    2010 Upper Midwest Koi Club Show
    AKCA 4th Annual Open Show
    July 31st, Aug 1st & 2nd, Minneapolis, MN
    http://www.umkoiclub.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Did you know that the 7th annual ZNA NorCal show had 257 koi entered by 17 exhibitors? We often talk about numbers of koi entered at a koi show but the public never much talks about how many exhibitor's took part. The sign of a healthy koi chapter is often measured by the number of exhibitors and what percentage that number is of the entire membership. 50% should be the goal of every chapter. JR
    JR

Can you kindly explain where the 50% as a figure to goal towards comes from.

Sansai
    I think JR was thinking in the context of a ZNA club. You expect that most ZNA club members are "people that show fish". So half making being able to make it their own club's once yearly event seems more reasonable. May really depend on how spread out the members are for the the particular club.

Jim-

The show you mentioned had a total of 257 fish. That is very impressive. But when you break that down- that is an average of 15 fish entered per participant. At our show, no one brought 15 fish. Heck, I don't even own 15 fish. So, 17 participants. I just did a count of our last show. We had 20 participants!!! So our show had better participation- in a way. We just need to bring more fish!

Been a long time since I was doing KOI USA. Good times. Still want to know how ownership for 3 months is monitored-or is it just a request?

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Did you know that the 7th annual ZNA NorCal show had 257 koi entered by 17 exhibitors? We often talk about numbers of koi entered at a koi show but the public never much talks about how many exhibitor's took part. The sign of a healthy koi chapter is often measured by the number of exhibitors and what percentage that number is of the entire membership. 50% should be the goal of every chapter. JR
    What year was this, Late 80's?

I remember the Camellia Show had 2 or 3 of their own members at the the 2006 show. I think Norcal now the membership is around 90% from the Bay Area.

Last month's ZNA NorCal show had a total of 114 fish from 25 hobbyists.

Some of Kuroki's teaching encourage hobbyist to show fish, especially on the ZNA level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast