Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pls help me pick these Hoshikin Nisai

Since they're nisai and I assume you're looking long term, #2 is worth considering. All the others seems to have uneven beni, weakness in kiwa or both.

-Dan

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Kohaku numer #4 has no Sashi from the pic, a little concerned for it to have a lasting impression. To me Sashi is one of the foundations to set in looking at future potential of a fish regardless of the bloodline. By book a 1 row line of Sashi is preferred. The beni on it is probably the best but for future potential it doesnt look to bright. JMHO
    Tony san

Speaking of Sashi, that's right...they used to say that Sashi is one of the good sighs for a stable beni/hiban.
    Now, according to my new input, it has changed with a lots of improvements.......

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    I would pick the most fancy pattern of #2 and the most boring pattern of #4 from those pictures.
    I would ask to take at least 5 pics on each fish, if I have to select that' level of koi by only picture..... 60 degrees like those angle, left & right side, 90 degrees from top and a pic from tail to head. there are so many things to check it out.....
    #4 has a boring pattern now but when it becomes bigger and the quality improves, I think it will be impressive.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by dcny View Post
    Since they're nisai and I assume you're looking long term, #2 is worth considering. All the others seems to have uneven beni, weakness in kiwa or both.

-Dan
    I think it is the pictures and not necessarily the beni that is week.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    Tony san

Speaking of Sashi, that's right...they used to say that Sashi is one of the good sighs for a stable beni/hiban.
    Now, according to my new input, it has changed with a lots of improvements.......
    Well sashi can tell long term and also those who are familar with bloodline can see the direction or long term direction some of these fish might go.

Number #2 is one to gamble with and I think long term goals for quality and show aspect will meet the future owners expectations.

Like we all agree here for now the quality of #4 stands out from the rest and on a bigger fish the pattern will be more imposing.

#4 based on body and the strong tail. #4 based on even quality of the Beni. #4 based on pattern... both now and when she is large. So, I guess I agree on #4. I give no serious thought to #2 because the pattern does not appeal to me at all, so I'd not want to take up space with her... which has nothing to do with the reasons some prefer her.

BTW, I have a male koi with a somewhat similar pattern. I'll see if I can find a photo & post later.

Jumbo
    a little bit more details....... I think that #4 is a good fish but not that' much....
    the body looks a bit chubby/short as a Nisai, 18 month old, 50cm small young fish.
    the back bone is standing and looks strong. On the other hand, the head shape/bone is a little short with the small mouth and also position of the eyes.......
    The beni on the body looks bright maybe because a lots of flash lights???
    Beni color on the head is not really crystal clear but a bit muddy red...
    I am sorry, Hoshino-san..... I will stop.

Nisai

Tough Choice

I'd go with number two. Why? The pattern pleases my eye. The whiteground is clear. #4 I feel is too heavy. But let's remember, beauty is in the eye.....

Nisai
    Thank you all for your precious opinions!
    I believe it always tends to be a bit difficult and misleading to judge koi over photos, especially when they are not well-taken, like the ones I posted here. But for the forum-based discussions, we probably have to cope with the pics for a while.
    Fortunately the local dealer here will bring in all five of them, and once they land here, I will take some better photos and in different angles, if I can, and post them here for your better judgement.
    In the meantime, pls keep going and with your ideas, I might surprise the dealer! Haha!

Thanks again for all of you!

Yi

Yi:

Here is a male Kohaku bred by Maruyama. Curiously similar patterning to the Hoshikin #4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pls help me pick these Hoshikin Nisai-cfks-2007-fri.-015_edited.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast