Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: best of em in the Omosako grow out.

Well, I FINALLY got my top 20 whittled down to size, but I gotta quit looking for a while. The whole world is black and white and fins all over. Tried to put 'em in order, but 4 glasses of scotch later I'm no closer than I wuz when I started...
    Maybe tomorrow I'll switch to Saki... Might work better

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    o anyone gonna pick this one?
    Hey Luke don't knock my fish.
    according to my list when I pick here's what's available. with pick 103, I pick fish 24. With pick 122, I pick fish 35.
    Luke you sure you don't want to trade with me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best of em in the Omosako grow out.-103-24.jpg   best of em in the Omosako grow out.-122-35.jpg  

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
    Hey Luke don't knock my fish.
    according to my list when I pick here's what's available. with pick 103, I pick fish 24. With pick 122, I pick fish 35.
    Luke you sure you don't want to trade with me?
    you're dreamin
    #24 will go in the first 40.

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    you're dreamin
    #24 will go in the first 40.
    Yah, and it'll be a crow in a year. Nice motoguro tho.

Quote Originally Posted by azngopher View Post
    Mike,

Do you think the pattern will stay? I like 51 also but do you think the pattern will stay or is most of the sumi "baby sumi" and will fade as the koi matures?

Duc
    It seems PapaBear thought highly of 51 also. Picking at 67 means none of my top picks will be there, so now I need to pick ugly.

Mike

Top 9?

Hey,

Aside from Koi 84, which I feel in love with at my first pass through the photos, my top nine have not been listed in this thread. Yeah, I'm getting a bit nervous and excited all at once. The question is; Am I on to something or am I way off?

I have looked very closely at the Koi that have been picked and I have come to the conclusion that most participants are keeping their favorite picks in their pockets until they have secured their pick. The participants with multiple entries will likely not reveal their true top ten choices until they have their final pick.

Interesting it will be, if the early pickers with only one entry, once they have secured their Koi, will jump on and post their top ten picks with their reasoning and predictions. With the experience of this group, it could certainly help (or confuse) the rest of the late pickers. HOWEVER, that may be upsetting for the experienced participants that are waiting at the bottom of the list. At least it will be Luke Frisbee that will take the heat for the thread!

I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to pick early in the second round. It would appear to me that I am leaning on males in my top nine so I am taking extra time to review the picks that have already transpired for hints of how to pick a female tosai, as I am assuming a jumbo female would be a highly sought after Koi to pick in the contest considering the prize at the end.

At this point I do not have my eye on the prize, I am simply here to learn. I am purely picking my koi(or should I say they are picking me) with the anticipation of better understanding the Shiro Utsuri. A variety that I have overlooked until my appearance here on Koi Bito.

Respectfully,

The Pond Digger
    "Doubt sees the obstacles, Faith sees the way!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Pond Digger View Post
    At this point I do not have my eye on the prize, I am simply here to learn. I am purely picking my koi(or should I say they are picking me) with the anticipation of better understanding the Shiro Utsuri. A variety that I have overlooked until my appearance here on Koi Bito.

Respectfully,

The Pond Digger
    Great attitude. We all have to remember that we don't have a huge fortune invested in these fish, and all of them are subject to change a great deal during the year that we have them. We need to remember to look at this whole thing as a learning experience. I think the chances that I would actually win are probably close to nil.....but that's fine with me. I am in this thing to learn more about shiros. There is probably nothing more beautiful and eye-catching than a mature, finished shiro gliding around amid a sea of orange and whte and multi-colored fish. Shiros are powerful, subtle, and elegant all at the same time. I am so happy for the opportunity to learn more about their development by not only watching my own fish, but the fish that are chosen by everyone else.

I haven't thought for a minute that I'd have a chance to win. I'm here to learn, too. This is an amazing opportunity to learn from 200 fish, from the same parents, living all across the states, in different size & depth ponds with different filtration and husbandry skills. This is going to be interesting, to say the least.

146 was my 2nd choice, 60 being my first and I knew unattainable. I don't pick again until 48 so depending on what's available then, I'm hoping I can get my 3rd pick.

I agree with the experience......................

The prize for me is to have a black and white female koi down the road

yep....I am hoping at least one of my 3 comes out nice. I can find new homes for the ones that don't. Who knows.....maybe they will ALL come out nice!!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314