Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 7th China National Koi Show

Nisai

The 7th China National Koi Show

Dec 21st was the judging day and it was open to the public on 22nd and 23rd. It was held in Dongguan, Guangdong (or Canton) Province in south of China, close to HK.
    All the judges were invited from Japan by the organiser and as you can see, there were some well-known faces.
    All photos were extracted from www.chkoi.net, one of koi websites in China and in Chinese.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 7th China National Koi Show-1.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-2.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-3.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-4.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-5.jpg  

The 7th China National Koi Show-6.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-7.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-8.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-9.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-10.jpg  

The 7th China National Koi Show-11.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-12.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-13.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-14.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-15.jpg  

The 7th China National Koi Show-16.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-17.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-18.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-19.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-20.jpg  

Nisai
    more photos of the champions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 7th China National Koi Show-20bu-champion.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-2nd-place.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-3rd-place.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-grand-champion.jpg   The 7th China National Koi Show-22.jpg  

Thanks for sharing. Funny how sub-titles are not needed since koi shows are so similar around the world.

And idea how many koi, how many entrants? And what was the size break point for showing in bags vs. tanks?

Alot of notiable judges, Shinkokai Style...I see:

Ogata, Sakai(Hiroshima), Futoshi(Dainichi), Toshio Sakai(INC), Narita...whoelse....

Tony

After reading your post, I went back and took a second look. I can't find Toshio Sakai in any of the photos posted, but I think I see Nogami!?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by koiczar View Post
    Tony

After reading your post, I went back and took a second look. I can't find Toshio Sakai in any of the photos posted, but I think I see Nogami!?

Mike
    I stand corrected...it is the back of someone else's head...In one of the blurry pics I see Hosikin(Blurry eye glassed person)?

Very nice Kohaku.

It must be quite an experience for the Japanese judges to be honored by being called upon to judge the China National Show. Although Japanese society has adjusted to being a major economic power in the world, there is still much respect for China as the original source of civilized practice and knowledge prior to the coerced opening to the West and the resultant Meiji restoration. All of the judges may not have a special feeling in being called upon to judge this show, but I expect many do.

The oft-spoken wish for nishikigoi to bring people together across borders has expression in this.
    Last edited by MikeM; 12-26-2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: typo

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Funny how sub-titles are not needed since koi shows are so similar around the world.

And idea how many koi, how many entrants? And what was the size break point for showing in bags vs. tanks?
    Pleasure
    I was only there for a short while and have not seen any official announcement yet. I could only say that there were many many participants. The size break point is probably 65cm. Hope I am not too wrong.

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Alot of notiable judges, Shinkokai Style...I see:

Ogata, Sakai(Hiroshima), Futoshi(Dainichi), Toshio Sakai(INC), Narita...whoelse....
    Thanks for your subtitile
    I cannot recognise many of them.

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Very nice Kohaku.

It must be quite an experience for the Japanese judges to be honored by being called upon to judge the China National Show. Although Japanese society has adjusted to being a major economic power in the world, there is still much respect for China as the original source of civilized practice and knowledge prior to the coerced opening to the West and the resultant Meiji restoration. All of the judges may not have a special feeling in being called upon to judge this show, but I expect many do.

The oft-spoken wish for nishikigoi to bring people together across borders has expression in this.
    Hi Mike, as a matter of fact, most of the winners are Japanese bred and/or kept kois anyways, especially the jumbos. But among the smaller Bu winners and runner-ups, we are getting to see more and more domestic kois. I am attaching hereunder the 50Bu champion, another Kohaku, bred by a Chinese breeder using momotaro parents.
    My impression is that for all the past 7 China National Koi Shows, the organiser has always invited Japanese judges. I agree with you that at least among the koi lovers, the idea of borders has been blurred to a degree, or maybe because the people who choose to have this habbit, are, by nature, not the border-sensitive species, haha!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 7th China National Koi Show-50bu-champion.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast