Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Momotaro Pond for growing champions

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    Eugene
    thank you
    I've downloaded the Bakki shower pics. The best I've seen at telling it like it is...
    Oh, BTW, "Would you mind if i downloaded some of th epics on this thread?"
    No problem
    Regards
    E3ugene

Quote Originally Posted by kntry View Post
    Do you know what kind of media is in the showers? It looks like rocks.
    It is called the New Bacteria House media which Mr Maeda designed .Go to Momotaro web site for information . It comes in 12in lengths but is broken into pieces so there is more surface area . I asked about the very high water flow and was told that it is two and half times per hr of pond volume . That was for that perticular pond
    Regards
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin-Koi View Post
    Thanks! I don't mean to dis Momotaro as I think think they have great champion koi and hope to one day get a kohaku from them. But I would be very surprised if the laced shoes that Maeda-san is wearing in the 2nd photo has been in the de-contamination fluid. Those "kicking" rubber boots, I can believe.

- Wayne, wants to also one day have some of Momotaro's beef barbeque. Every photo of him has him either holding a koi, a cigarette, or cooking beef.
    Makes me hungry.
    Well he did and the solution was so deep that it must have gone over the top of his shoes When bringing in fish from mud pond some water got spilled on cemment which was washed off using a disinfectant . I saw the food pellets put through a screen to take out any dust .
    We had booth cooked and raw beef dipped in raw egg . Mr Maeda had a chain of restourants since I was a gest I will see if I can find a photo of just myself .Or if you come to see me will show them to you
    Regards
    Eugene

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    It is called the New Bacteria House media which Mr Maeda designed .Go to Momotaro web site for information . It comes in 12in lengths but is broken into pieces so there is more surface area . I asked about the very high water flow and was told that it is two and half times per hr of pond volume . That was for that perticular pond
    Regards
    Eugene
    try as i might..even giving the highest margins, I can NOT see the flow going through those Showers totalling 2.5 times the volume of that pond.
    I do recognize that the up close PMS photos are not the PMS's in the pic of the PMSs at the end of the big pond.
    But look at the water exiting the PMS's of the big pond. that flow wouldn't fill the pond in a week.
    What gives?
    Eugeneg, you were there. how amny showers were at that end...and where is the flow?

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    try as i might..even giving the highest margins, I can NOT see the flow going through those Showers totalling 2.5 times the volume of that pond.
    I do recognize that the up close PMS photos are not the PMS's in the pic of the PMSs at the end of the big pond.
    But look at the water exiting the PMS's of the big pond. that flow wouldn't fill the pond in a week.
    What gives?
    Eugeneg, you were there. how amny showers were at that end...and where is the flow?
    The pond I asked about was a small heavily stocked tosai pond but I do not think that the big pond would have anywhere near that turnover . I will post some photos of small ponds . Where the one end is a wall of baki showers . The big pond was the easiest to photograph the baki showers to explain them
    Regards
    Eugene

Daihonmei
    Eugene, I understand Maeda senior is concentrating more on his car business these days? What brands is he carrying? JR

Daihonmei
    jasper,
    Shut up! You thread hijacker
    Eugeneg,
    Ignore him

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Eugene, I understand Maeda senior is concentrating more on his car business these days? What brands is he carrying? JR
    I think he carries the new Toshio Sakai Showa line of Jags...

Daihonmei
    the big 1500 ton pond. 22 drains bring water to a 65 plus meter chamber filter. This is now filled with BH. And this whole system is serviced by four vertical motors. The bakki shows are a second system. The turn over rate is not as important as the replacement rate of freshwater which is estimated to be 10% a day!
    Now what about those cars? I hear Jaguars? JR

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    the big 1500 ton pond. 22 drains bring water to a 65 plus meter chamber filter. This is now filled with BH. And this whole system is serviced by four vertical motors. The bakki shows are a second system. The turn over rate is not as important as the replacement rate of freshwater which is estimated to be 10% a day!
    Now what about those cars? I hear Jaguars? JR
    Last I was at his shop he has some old Rolls, 600 Benz and a shiyt load of old Jags... Oh I forgot, probably the best Auction food one could eat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast