Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dead Fish

Tosai

Dead Fish

I keep hearing that I have a lesson to learn, point taken. From reading the emails I have learned a few lessons ones about dealers and some about posting on this site.

the club I belong to told me we are here to learn about Koi. I believe this theory holds true for koi-Bito? Don't get me wrong I have received some good information at the same time. From a past life I would say there are some player haters out there swimming around.

Yes I was told to add .06 salt all at once and raise water fast to 80 . sounds like I was making fish stew. All in all I have enjoyed this diolog.

Quote Originally Posted by luisb View Post
    I keep hearing that I have a lesson to learn, point taken. From reading the emails I have learned a few lessons ones about dealers and some about posting on this site.

the club I belong to told me we are here to learn about Koi. I believe this theory holds true for koi-Bito? Don't get me wrong I have received some good information at the same time. From a past life I would say there are some player haters out there swimming around.

Yes I was told to add .06 salt all at once and raise water fast to 80 . sounds like I was making fish stew. All in all I have enjoyed this diolog.

What did the fish have to make the dealer treat or you treat with Elbagin and salt?

Please don't think I'm trying to criticize you. I'm not at all. Just trying to make you understand how the dealer should have instructed you.

We've all been new at one time, it's a learning experience.

I just read all 43 posts, and here's my humble opinion: You got screwed.

And I, for one, would have nothing to do with them in the future.

Afterall, "Fool me once, . . . "

Don, luisb thinks some of us are haters so it's all good. Whatever advise he is getting from behind the scenes are in the best interest to protect the dealer who he bought the sick fish from.

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nguyen View Post
    thanks for sharing the story.

re: mad cow thing, yes they do sell their contaminated meat to the consumers and the people who suppose to protect you and me (the FDA) want to eliminate the mad cow testing or reduce the testing. the last major mad cow outbreak, 16 restaurant in the south bay served contaminated meat to their customers so potentially there could be a few thousands already contacted the mad cow disease without knowing it. when it involves money, anything is possible in this country.

Steve
    A few of those restautrants bought bone of that particular cow. Those bone are very very likely used to make the soup for Pho.

stan

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Don, luisb thinks some of us are haters so it's all good. Whatever advise he is getting from behind the scenes are in the best interest to protect the dealer who he bought the sick fish from.
    Well, Tony, I ain't got no dog in that NoCal fight. So that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

In a previous post, LuisB has stated that the dealer already offered to replace the fish. If you buy a fish from a dealer that he has stated is sick, and YOU STILL BUY IT some of the blame goes to the hobbyist. Luis, I'm speaking in general here, not about your specific situation. I agree, with one thing, NO DEALER should ever allow a "known" sick fish off his premises, even if the customer insists. If the customer is that enamoured with the damn fish, hold it at your shop until it is cured or has mended to the hobbyist's satisfaction! Just my two cents worth, for what it's worth.

And don't sit there and try to tell me that the rest of you have never learned a lesson in this hobby THE HARD WAY. Ease up and let's get back to enjoying the fish. What's done is done, give it a rest!!!!

Mike

Sansai
    I agree with you, Mike. Some thing not right about story. Let's it over, please. I have some story like that but my dealer told me he will keep my fish until it ok , last time i check it still "under" problem I still waiting and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    I agree with you, Mike. Some thing not right about story. Let's it over, please. I have some story like that but my dealer told me he will keep my fish until it ok , last time i check it still "under" problem I still waiting and hope.
    Some fish are prone to sickness, that is the nature of the beast. No matter how nice you think the fish is its not worth the problems of injecting each year or medicateing. Best to put it down or pass on it. Is this cruel ? perhaps not, a caged animal is not a happy animal some can not adjust to the enviroment . I know long time hobbyist have run into this situations so beware when you know a fish is sick it maybe prone to sickness. {not a happy camper ] Sad . I have a hajiro like that, I put it in my QT tank new fish come in no problem. Last resort a friend of mine told me of a large pond in a guarded communitie that would take it. Perhaps in a larger pond it would be happyer. Some folks do not have this option if it caused problems with other fish I would put it down.
    Louie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345