Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building my Web Site

Jumbo

Building my Web Site

I have always enjoyed tinkering on the computer. Years ago I taught myself "Front Page" and built our Racing Pigeon web site. So now I have been busy the last few days trying to teach myself "Dream Weaver", to build my "High Desert Koi Ponds" web site. It is a lot more complected than "Front Page" but once I got things figured out it sure is a lot easier and quicker to use. Only thing I haven't found yet is the spell checker. Anyone know where it is?
    Take a look and let me know what you think. comments, suggestions?
    Link Removed
    This is not ment to be an advertisment but more a show n tell lookee what I did. and if not apporiate please feel free to delete it.
    Last edited by Brian; 02-14-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Not too shabby, amigo. I'm pretty much self-taught as well when it comes to web design. I've had several sites up for over 10 years now. Trust me, Dreamweaver is 100% better than Frontpage once you get the hang of it. Definitely beats paying a "professional" web developer hundreds (if not thousands) to build everything for you...

Steve,
    Not bad
    Michael

nice site.....will be interesting to see it all completed

Jumbo
    Very nice Steve! I like your deck/bridge design too. I was expecting your soil to be darker out there for some reason.

Best Wishes,
    Brady Brandwood

Jumbo
    Thanks all. Dream weaver is so much easier to use over front page, once you get the hang of it. Pictures and hyperlinks esp. Just drag and click.

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Brandwood View Post
    Very nice Steve! I like your deck/bridge design too. I was expecting your soil to be darker out there for some reason.

Best Wishes,
    Brady Brandwood
    Thanks Brady. i got the bridge idea from the Zig Zag bridge at Duke University. The soil here is all lava flows. Most of it like all the rocks on my propriety black color, but we also have allot of the red lava rock.

Steve, as you might remember, some hosting services have a hard time dealing with FrontPage and not all hosting services have the FrontPage extensions. How about Dream Weaver? Any hosting service issues? I still use FrontPage but an told it is outdated and not even Microsoft supports it any longer. The thought of switching everything over to new software does not sound like a cake walk though.

Are those deer wild or pets?

-ste veh

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by bekko View Post
    Steve, as you might remember, some hosting services have a hard time dealing with FrontPage and not all hosting services have the FrontPage extensions. How about Dream Weaver? Any hosting service issues? I still use FrontPage but an told it is outdated and not even Microsoft supports it any longer. The thought of switching everything over to new software does not sound like a cake walk though.

Are those deer wild or pets?

-ste veh
    The deer are wild, but since there's no hunting allowed where I live they ain't afraid of people. Many people here at "the Ranch" feed them, so they are very tame. Ever wanted to hand feed a 6 point buck?

Steve, what you are seeing if from my racing pigeon website, which is front page. I have had no support problems or hosting problems with it. My new Koi website is the one I did with dream weaver.

Jumbo
    Well here's something. Front page has an easy to attach scrolling marquee option. I wanted to add this but couldn't find it in Dreamweaver. So I just added it with front page. I didn't know I could use either program but I guess I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast