Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: here are the three Kohakus I picked out at CFKS last year for $30 each

Daihonmei

here are the three Kohakus I picked out at CFKS last year for $30 each

So nancy (and Hung) did I disappoint you?

and for the rest of you, what do you think they'd cost now...all have good conformations...one is a little chubby( i will include a shot of him swimming in the bowl).
    I love these three and the Showa I got last year..just love em.
    but I wonder what I'd have to pay for them this year....at this size, roughly 12 inches.

But you won't hurt my feelings if you tell me why i shouldn't really like them as much as i do...i don't see much wrong with em...maybe a little short for their age.
    if you see something wrong with them let me know; I wanna see what you see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails here are the three Kohakus I picked out at CFKS last year for  each-en-kohaku-cfks-07-08-02-10-.jpg   here are the three Kohakus I picked out at CFKS last year for  each-en-kohaku-cfks-07-08-02-09.jpg   here are the three Kohakus I picked out at CFKS last year for  each-en-kohaku-cfks-07-08-02-09-b-.jpg   here are the three Kohakus I picked out at CFKS last year for  each-en-kohaku-cfks-07-08-02-09-d-.jpg  

Luke,
    They all look good but I can't say much. Are those sakuma kohaku or ogata.? I think you did a very fine job growing them out. AT that size probably $200 to $300.
    Michael

Daihonmei
    Ogata. but I am guessing, as I didn't hear the other word mentioned at CFKS.

But you won't hurt my feelings if you tell me why i shouldn't really like them as much as i do...i don't see much wrong with em...maybe a little short for their age.
    if you see something wrong with them let me know; I wanna see what you see.[/quote]

Luke
    You get what you pay for and $30 each is a good price to the dealer for those fish . Unfortunatelly they have been overfed and having just a 12 in body length I would say they are worth $25 each . Now had the shape been maintained in proportion to length they could be worth up to $50 . I t might have been wiser to spend $90 and now have a fish worth $270 . Sorry but that is my honest opinion .
    Regards
    Eugene

Actually, Luke, I think you've done very well -- both with your picking and with your growing.

And I'm pretty sure they're Ogata. Never saw any Sakuma tosai at Eastern priced less than $100.

Pretty nice...I'd say you did well.

How about Pics. of them when you bought them ? Also would like to see better Pics. of the Edge of the Pattern .

I've just never had great luck with the Beni from Ogata (Probably my untrained eye) .

I wish someone could explain the kiwa and sashi on these fish, especially the 2nd and 4th pictures. Something doesn't look right to me, but I can't tell you what it is.

Luke, any chance of sharp, clear close ups so we can see better?

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangreaal View Post
    I wish someone could explain the kiwa and sashi on these fish, especially the 2nd and 4th pictures. Something doesn't look right to me, but I can't tell you what it is.

Luke, any chance of sharp, clear close ups so we can see better?
    nope..unless you come drain another 40,000 gallons out of lake luke and run a seine through it..get lucky and catch these three, and take the pics.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    if you see something wrong with them let me know; I wanna see what you see.
    Luke
    You get what you pay for and $30 each is a good price to the dealer for those fish . Unfortunatelly they have been overfed and having just a 12 in body length I would say they are worth $25 each . Now had the shape been maintained in proportion to length they could be worth up to $50 . I t might have been wiser to spend $90 and now have a fish worth $270 . Sorry but that is my honest opinion .
    Regards
    Eugene[/quote]

Honest pinions are always appreciated...I'd like to know how I could have overfed them...and why you think they are. They really don't feed as well as many of my other koi..and the two thta are not "chunky" actually look a little on the lean side to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast