Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Ohana Koi and Goldfish Show

2nd Ohana Koi and Goldfish Show

It is our pleasure to announce the Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Association's second Ohana Koi and Goldfish Show. The show will be held Saturday, June 21st with the banquet on Sunday. The venue is Kalani High School, 4680 Kalanianaole Highway, Honolulu, Hawaii. The head koi judge is Kentaro Sakai of Sakai Fish Farm, Hiroshima, Japan. The goldfish judge is Dr. Carlson Wong of Honolulu. In addition to the koi and goldfish competition there will be vendors selling koi, goldfish, pond equipment and supplies, plants and more. For more information, contact Nelson Wong, Show Chairman, at ntkcwong@hotmail.com .

It's a long drive, but this would be a great excuse to bring the family to Hawaii. There are several prominent koi dealers, public koi ponds and outstanding botanical gardens on the island plus all the beach and scenic beauty stuff. Join us if you can.

Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Association

Two years ago kentaro came and judged the seattle show, and surprised many by selecting a smaller ( higher quality) koi for GC. It was a bold move and I like his style of judging. Would love to be on hand to see the results of the goldfish judging....hope you and maybe a few others will post pictures for us unfortunates that can't make it

Blog Entries
    Hi Steve, wish you guys a great show!!!

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT HIROJI SAKAI THE MASTER HIMSELF HAVE
    DECIDED TO ATTEND OUR SHOW INSTEAD OF HIS SON KENTARO. We are sorry that Kentaro could not make it also.

With deepest appreciation to Joel Burkard of Pan Intercorp (friend and club member) who have made this all possible for us. We feel so honored to have both the breeder and the dealer of the All Japan Show winner here in Hawaii. Joel have also generously agreed to once again be one of our judges.
    Our first show was a huge success with over 3,000 persons attending. So with the support of Aloha in our Islands and our friends on Koi-Bito....Tony, Joe, Nancy, Dinh and the rest we invite all of you to experience our show local style. Hope to see some of you here!

Shirleen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shir View Post
    WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT HIROJI SAKAI THE MASTER HIMSELF HAVE
    DECIDED TO ATTEND OUR SHOW INSTEAD OF HIS SON KENTARO. We are sorry that Kentaro could not make it also.

With deepest appreciation to Joel Burkard of Pan Intercorp (friend and club member) who have made this all possible for us. We feel so honored to have both the breeder and the dealer of the All Japan Show winner here in Hawaii. Joel have also generously agreed to once again be one of our judges.
    Our first show was a huge success with over 3,000 persons attending. So with the support of Aloha in our Islands and our friends on Koi-Bito....Tony, Joe, Nancy, Dinh and the rest we invite all of you to experience our show local style. Hope to see some of you here!

Shirleen
    Wow, maybe we can get Hiroji Sakai to come to the mainland too...Shiro, hope you guys have another successful show. Take pics of the master as he teaches.

I met Kentaro's father while wearing a hiroshima carps baseball cap. I think it made a favorable impression. the following year when he judged our seattle show he made me a gift of a two step kohaku that 2 years later took the prestegous tategoi award. If you have to replace kentaro, I couldn't think of a better replacement. I just wish I knew what this man has learned and forgotten!

He will also go to Manila.

Quote Originally Posted by gspotmc View Post
    He will also go to Manila.
    Wow Michael, that is pretty damn good, lets see round trip ticket to Manila $677, stay with your family, or Tonio's free lodging, sight seeing the beautiful country. What a deal now that is a seminar worth attending.

[quote=Nancy M.;107033]Wow Michael, that is pretty damn good, lets see round trip ticket to Manila $677, stay with your family, or Tonio's free lodging, sight seeing the beautiful country. What a deal now that is a seminar worth attending.[/quot
    NANCY,
    I WISH I COULD GO TO THAT FUNCTION. YOU KNOW THAT MANILA IS A PARTY PLACE. CAN'[T WAIT TO GET THEIR PICTURES. iT'S GONNA BE A BLAST FOR THEM
    mICHAEL

Blog Entries
    Damn I wish it was around the time I was going to the Philippines...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast