Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Southern California Koi Auction

Southern California Koi Auction

A few of us Southern California hobbiest have gotten together, to put on a koi auction, it will be on April 27th at 1:00 Location, Eastern Nishikigoi parking lot.

This auction will be a little different as no one club will be hosting it. If anyone is interested in bringing koi to the auction please contact Mark Whalen or Nancy Morales. You have to help in setup and tear down to bring fish, NO EXCEPTIONS. it will be a 70 / 30 split.

All profits will be donated to the City Of Hope Childrens wing. We felt that an auction would benefit many of us, wishing to cull out our ponds, but we also wanted to do something nice for a charity. Thanks to Burt & Mark for allowing me to choose the charity, The City Of Hope holds a very soft spot in my heart, as my stepfather and myself were both patients, I was treated for melanoma and I thank God everyday, that the City Of Hope was there for me, and so many others.

We hope to see many of you at the auction

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    A few of us Southern California hobbiest have gotten together, to put on a koi auction, it will be on April 27th at 1:00 Location, Eastern Nishikigoi parking lot.

This auction will be a little different as no one club will be hosting it. If anyone is interested in bringing koi to the auction please contact Mark Whalen or Nancy Morales. You have to help in setup and tear down to bring fish, NO EXCEPTIONS. it will be a 70 / 30 split.

All profits will be donated to the City Of Hope Childrens wing. We felt that an auction would benefit many of us, wishing to cull out our ponds, but we also wanted to do something nice for a charity. Thanks to Burt & Mark for allowing me to choose the charity, The City Of Hope holds a very soft spot in my heart, as my stepfatherand myself were both patients, I was treated for melanoma and I thank God everyday, that the City Of Hope was there for me, an so many others.

Nancy,
    How many do you want?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post

All profits will be donated to the City Of Hope Childrens wing. We felt that an auction would benefit many of us, wishing to cull out our ponds, but we also wanted to do something nice for a charity. Thanks to Burt & Mark for allowing me to choose the charity, The City Of Hope holds a very soft spot in my heart, as my stepfather and myself were both patients, I was treated for melanoma and I thank God everyday, that the City Of Hope was there for me, and so many others.

Very nice cause!!!!! I wish all involved the best!!!

Tony

Here's a flyer for the event:

Help for set up/tear down

Nancy I am not sure I want in on the auction, but I am more than willing to help with set up and tear down. Just email me the particulars.

All helpers are welcome. We need bidders too! It should be a fun day so we hope all of So Cal comes out. Nancy, are we doing dogs, drinks, etc? Ii'm hungry already (Thanks for posting this)

Mark,
    ARe we gonna have somw shots?
    Michael

Hey Nancy,
    Count me in on this worthy event. I too hope it brings out many folks and clubs add the flyer to their newsletters.
    Louie