Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: The Other Guy

The Other Guy

Hiya Folks,

I have already posted a pic of this little showa, but now that it looks like I'm going to enter my little sanke in the young koi show this june, my wife wanted to enter one as well.

I'm wondering if it's worthwhile bringing this guy along. I can spot a hot rod pond mutt from a mile away, and Im also the area expert in what my 3 yr old daughter thinks is beautiful. Unfortunately neither of these skills will save me the embarrassment of asking for my pond fish to be benched.

So, from that perspective, let me know what you think. Hes about 8" long now.

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    Hiya Folks,

I have already posted a pic of this little showa, but now that it looks like I'm going to enter my little sanke in the young koi show this june, my wife wanted to enter one as well.

I'm wondering if it's worthwhile bringing this guy along. I can spot a hot rod pond mutt from a mile away, and Im also the area expert in what my 3 yr old daughter thinks is beautiful. Unfortunately neither of these skills will save me the embarrassment of asking for my pond fish to be benched.

So, from that perspective, let me know what you think. Hes about 8" long now.
    When judging smaller fish in this size the judges generally look for the "cute factor" which means on a judging scale, pattern at this size is judged higher than conformation. As for this Showa it can change from now til June so you never know. I would wait a couple of weeks before the show to see if the fish is up for being brought out.

Thank you for the response,

Makes good sense, so we'll see where he is then. Glad it might work out for him this summer, as I suspect he's peaking now.

Grant