Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the PM's?

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Russell, just wanted to say that it's nice to see you posting on this forum again. Don't know why you left in the first place, but I am sure that you have your reasons. Anyways, it's nice to see you posting again.........
    Don't get your hopes up. I just posted to see if it was just me that was disabled from PM's. It is.
    Last edited by Russell Peters; 04-11-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    I dunno what's up. Maybe when they updated the profiles this last time around your pm function got set to not get any. Can you go to your user CP and see if the box to receive PM's is checked???
    I received and sent PM's three days ago. All of my functions are disabled. There is no box to "check" for PM's.

Daihonmei
    Hey Russ, I gotta ask-- what is the baloney I'm reading about matsunosuke gin on the other station and why are you not correcting the newbies on this subject? JR

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Hey Russ, I gotta ask-- what is the baloney I'm reading about matsunosuke gin on the other station and why are you not correcting the newbies on this subject? JR
    JR, I misread what you posted, see next post.
    Last edited by Russell Peters; 04-11-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Honmei
    I took a look in a couple of other places and am not sure where the information is. If I had a PM function you could PM me where to look but I don't. Oh well.

Daihonmei
    No I'm not talking about what you said but rather what you were responding to. There seems to be a confusion between matsunosuke gin and fukurin flake in the skin of matsunosuke silky skin.
    Gin associated with that type skin is just genetically linked. In otherwords it comes along with that silken fukurin skin as a genetically linked trait. But it is so limited that a row will not qualify the fish as ginrin.
    Gin, as you know, does not increase with age as it is feature of the scale. Babies have deeper planted scales so they don't show it fully until they are out of the fry stage. But from that point on the gin is what it is. And with great age some will fade. The point here being gin is gin and it does not grow with age.
    Fukurin, especially matsunosuke fleck luster will increase with age as the skin thickens and matures- so it will be limited at first and come on with age. The point here being, fukurin does come on with age. And fukurin is often missed by beginners as it is subtle until you are used to seeing it, then you can't avoid seeing it. It seems your students were confusing the two?
    - JR

Honmei
    No I'm not talking about what you said but rather what you were responding to. There seems to be a confusion between matsunosuke gin and fukurin flake in the skin of matsunosuke silky skin.
    Gin associated with that type skin is just genetically linked. In otherwords it comes along with that silken fukurin skin as a genetically linked trait. But it is so limited that a row will not qualify the fish as ginrin.
    Gin, as you know, does not increase with age as it is feature of the scale. Babies have deeper planted scales so they don't show it fully until they are out of the fry stage. But from that point on the gin is what it is. And with great age some will fade. The point here being gin is gin and it does not grow with age.
    Fukurin, especially matsunosuke fleck luster will increase with age as the skin thickens and matures- so it will be limited at first and come on with age. The point here being, fukurin does come on with age. And fukurin is often missed by beginners as it is subtle until you are used to seeing it, then you can't avoid seeing it. It seems your students were confusing the two?
    - JR
    I got it now. They are not my students though but I think at the stage they are it is an understandable mistake. If they keep studying and learning it will become more apparent.

Sansai
    hello Russell i did check my PM it still working . I think only you have problem.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    hello Russell i did check my PM it still working . I think only you have problem.

Yup!!!!!!

Daihonmei
    see, nothing to worry about !

Remember Russ, even paranoids have real enemies! JR

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast