Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the PM's?

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    see, nothing to worry about !

Remember Russ, even paranoids have real enemies! JR
    I still don't have a PM function.

Hi Russ,

The PM thing was not intentional, but I'll try and explain it. I've created a special group for those that include unauthorized business links in their signatures that prevents them from being displayed. As I've always said, nothing personal but I've got to protect my interests just as much as anyone else so I don't want to dilute KB's advertising value by allowing everyone and their brother to plug themselves gratis on the board. A lot of options are set by default when a group is created and I guess I overlooked the PM option. It wasn't intentional and I will sort that out in a day or so.

Best regards,
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hi Russ,

The PM thing was not intentional, but I'll try and explain it. I've created a special group for those that include unauthorized business links in their signatures that prevents them from being displayed. As I've always said, nothing personal but I've got to protect my interests just as much as anyone else so I don't want to dilute KB's advertising value by allowing everyone and their brother to plug themselves gratis on the board. A lot of options are set by default when a group is created and I guess I overlooked the PM option. It wasn't intentional and I will sort that out in a day or so.

Best regards,
    Hi Brian,

Don't worry about it.

Russ

Hey, Russ . . .

You posted this a couple of hours ago (in another parish).

And since you don't have PMs here (yet), how about posting some pix for us to see?

I received an e-mail from Miwa Sakai yesterday asking if I was interested in Hirenaga-Yamabuki. They are longfin Yamabuki from Toshio Sakai. Mr. Sakai has been working on longfin Koi for years and this is the first time I have been offered any. They are about 20cm. If you are interested in "Matsunosuke" longfin please PM me and I will give you more details.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Hey, Russ . . .

You posted this a couple of hours ago (in another parish).

And since you don't have PMs here (yet), how about posting some pix for us to see?

I received an e-mail from Miwa Sakai yesterday asking if I was interested in Hirenaga-Yamabuki. They are longfin Yamabuki from Toshio Sakai. Mr. Sakai has been working on longfin Koi for years and this is the first time I have been offered any. They are about 20cm. If you are interested in "Matsunosuke" longfin please PM me and I will give you more details.
    Don, I do not have any pictures. I ordered some from the response I got and will see them when they arrive. I trust they will be good quality. Also, I use the term "Matsunosuke" loosely here. They are not actually Matsunosuke bloodline.

Daihonmei
    Good Lord, that has to be the end of the Matsunosuke reputation? ! So does he need the money or what? JR

Jumbo
    HAAAAA! I don't know why I'm laughing JR, but I am!

Best Wishes,
    Brady

HaHaHa! It's called MARKETING guys. You're either in it to win it or you get swept aside. This comes as quite a surprise to me as well. Had no idea he was raising(?) butterflies!?!? I look forward to seeing them Russ.

Mike

Jumbo
    We had a discussion on one of these boards around 3 years ago about Longfin Koi breeding in Japan. The consensus then was that NO high-end Koi breeder would waste their time and reputation on breeding Longfin Koi.

This Showa was in Nichirin at the time as a Young Champion in a Japanese show,... clearly showing that it had Hirenaga in its heritage.

Change is inevitable.

Best Wishes,
    Brady

Daihonmei
    Brady, this brings up a very interesting and important 'worry' of mine that began many years ago. As you know , you and I ( and I think Mike Pffifer) are 'closet Herpers'. In that hobby and science, many years ago, there was a raging debate about hybridizing as a technique as it introduces 'traits' into a gene pool that are hard to get out once in. We of course, already see this in many varieties that are markers for specific varieties ( eye color, pattern, ect). But because all of these things are within the standard for nishikigoi, this is something we don't worry about too much. But longfin in the wood pile is a departure from the evolution of the gene pool as it exists today. And references to the use of longfins two decades ago to introduce vigor and size is a straw horse.
    What I'm talking about here is the sale of non-longfins from longfin spawnings. To me that is a very slippery slope. And it goes way beyond 'what the customer doesn't know won't hurt' type attitude. It is the planting of reproducable conformation genes of a non- nishikigoi nature, into a what appears to be a nishikigoi in the individual.
    In practical terms, not much will happen to a purchased fish sold to a consumer when that fish lives out it's life in a backyard pond other than random ' telling spawns'. But as a commentary and reality of the future gene pool of nishikgoi ( as it exists in 2008 ) I see it as an invasion and moving backwards in the purity of the gene.
    If I am reading you correctly, you are chuckling about the fish pictured and suggesting the gene was always there and you kinda knew it? We have standards for koi judging in amateur shows and those fish should be passed over according to the standard. These 'partial' longfins are passed over when caught over here. I myself passed over two when I judged one of the florida shows jsut for that reason- they violated the standards. I'm sure someone paid a good buck for those fish.
    I will tell you I have bought $10,000 koi from Matsunosuke and I would serious reconsider buying any more fish in that price range if I knew I was looking at culls from longfin spawns.

Now I'll ask you directly- are you selling koi that have longfin traits hidden in them.
    - JR

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast