Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clarity Unit . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Hello Ryan . . .

And a damn fine looking vacuum cleaner it is!

Mine will be a pond side install and gravity fed back to the pond (it might need a short spillway to reach?).
    This is basically how Erwin has his set up also. I would be interested in knowing if it could be placed farther away as well.

Don, do you think this unit works better at reducing DOCs and TDS than a 5 tray shower would?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Hello Steve . . .

Recommended flow is 10K lpm (or 2641 gph). Anthony recommended a 1/8 hp pump (dialed back with a ball valve ) to achieve that. The final 'test' of whether the flow is proper is by measuring the depth of the water in the foam cup.
    Don lph not lpm. big difference

Quote Originally Posted by koiczar View Post
    I would be interested in knowing if it could be placed farther away as well.
    As long as you can pump the water there and back, it doesn't matter where the unit is placed.

Quote Originally Posted by koiczar View Post
    Don, do you think this unit works better at reducing DOCs and TDS than a 5 tray shower would?
    Don't know, Mike. We have two Ultima II 6K's and two upflow J-mat bio-chambers, so all of our bio is wet media; that's one reason we're looking forward to the wet/dry media in the TT/FF. Nitrates, here, are 5-10 ppm out of the tap so water changes, alone, can't get rid of them.

We haven't seen ammonia and nitrite in the pond in almost 4 years now. But we do get some bubbles at the falls, especially when feeding heavily. I'm hoping this unit will solve that problem.
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Hey, Ryan . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Don lph not lpm. big difference
    Pickey, pickey, pickey.

One thing I noticed when adding a TT in addition to the existing submerged filters it the first week the pH climbed up from 7.4 to 8.2 in a week. Stayed there for a few days before settling in at 7.8. I think degassing the carbon dioxide raised it. I also get a lot more suds now than I use to since I added the TT. I have a constant flow of tap water that would overflow that use to get rid of the small amount of suds but too many suds to keep up with. I might have to add a foam fractionator.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristine View Post
    One thing I noticed when adding a TT in addition to the existing submerged filters it the first week the pH climbed up from 7.4 to 8.2 in a week. Stayed there for a few days before settling in at 7.8. I think degassing the carbon dioxide raised it. I also get a lot more suds now than I use to since I added the TT. I have a constant flow of tap water that would overflow that use to get rid of the small amount of suds but too many suds to keep up with. I might have to add a foam fractionator.
    That is why this new Clarity unit is so "special". It is both a TT and a FF. Two for the price of one so to speak. Its common for TTs to produce "suds", this unit collects the "suds" and deposits it outside of the pond instead of inside it. :0

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Well I need to do something to get rid of the foam rather than hosing it to the overflow drain every morning. The steady flow of tap water just doesnít keep up with it. When Don gets the unit up and running Iíll have to check it out.

Jumbo
    don,
    is it up and running yet ?

stan

Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan View Post
    don,
    is it up and running yet ?

stan
    SOMEONE'S GETTING ANXIOUS DON. THAT INCLUDES ME. HURRY UP AND GET THAT THING RUNNING.

I`m anxious to see how it is set up. My pond builder was supposed to build me a TT this winter , but didn`t get around to it. By the time I pay someone to build me one, this is certainly an option for me..............now if I just can figure out where to hide it!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast