Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cetus and Clarity Install . . .

Cetus and Clarity Install . . .

We just finished the Activated Carbon and Water Softener install and haven't even had time yet to break it in, test it out and put it into service.

But Frank was available, so we jumped at it -- and this week he's installing both units.

Last Thursday:

Site inspected. Units examined. Plan developed. Equipment list made. Started early Monday morning.

.View from the roof of our detached garage. The Clarity unity will sit on a platform extending from pond side to the garage wall and will be placed just beyond the auto-feeder.

.View from the garage roof with vortex on the upper left; pipes on the upper right go to an upper level where the pump, Ultima II filter, UV and upflow J-mat bio-filters sit; AC and WS equip in the lower right.

.The Cetus will be positioned here; it will draw from the vortex and feed the pump.

.Manual? Don't need no stinking manual.

.Chalk marks the spot where the Clarity will go.

.Who built this vortex? Moi??? Well, it has to go.

.Leaf trap on the Artesian PP pump: This is the algal glarf I'm hoping a bigger vortex and the Cetus sieve will keep from going upstream and clogging stuff.

.Chalk lines show how much the jackhammers will take out.

.Little do they know what's going to happen.
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Looks like it's going to be awesome! Well thought out and planned. How come you dont do it my way... you know, just start smashing stuff and cutting stuff and make multiple runs to the stores to get the stuff I continually forget or break?? Certainly more exciting to have the pumps shut down and racing the clock to get the filters back on line with O2 and water before the bacteria dies!!

I suppose you've answered this a million times... But I would like to know the brief specs on your pond. It looks really good and I'm curious!

You're fish already look happy... I guess after all this they'll do tricks like the dolphins at sea world!!

Grant

Daihonmei
    Don, do you know if you have phosphate levels in your water? Ever tested? If not please test before and after softener . JR

MCA
    Frank was NOT really reading the instructions. He just had never seen instructions before was just curious. I am sure the paper went back into the box in a few seconds.

Honmei
    Two pictures of Frank at $25 each has so far raised the bill by $50. Keep those pictures coming....and wallet out!

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Two pictures of Frank at $25 each has so far raised the bill by $50. Keep those pictures coming....and wallet out!

Steve
    I can see that new coach purse that I wanted, Don keep them coming, another 15 should be enough for that purse. I wonder if Don posting the same pictures on shack counts as double, I will have to ask Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    I can see that new coach purse that I wanted, Don keep them coming, another 15 should be enough for that purse. I wonder if Don posting the same pictures on shack counts as double, I will have to ask Frank
    Knock it off, Nancy! Ya gouger, you!!!

Frank's licensing agreement clearly states: Photo fee entitles purchaser to post pix on multiple boards for one modest payment.

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Knock it off, Nancy! Ya gouger, you!!!

Frank's licensing agreement clearly states: Photo fee entitles purchaser to post pix on multiple boards for one modest payment.

NO No NO ,

Don I write all Franks agreements, and I would never say that
    Please post some more pics, I really want that purse

You know Don, it might just be cheaper for you to buy me the purse

Monday: Set up debris barriers. Jack hammer out the gunite/rebar encased vortex and the concrete/stone where the Cetus will drop in. Dig the remainder of the hole for the Cetus -- 4' down in heavy, wet clay. No pipes cut; pond continued running as normal.

Cha Ching, Cha Ching ,cha Ching

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast