Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Help! please new koi keeper

Unhappy Help! please new koi keeper

Hello everyone,

I really need some help here for my koi that i have (shusui). the other day i went out to freed him and i kind of came around the tree and scared him out of no where and I have rock setup in the pond for my turtle to sun bath but when i scared him he went fast and crazy around the pond and hit his front end of mouth a little up from it and now he has a white mark on there. the question is will that go away or should i put something in the pond to heal it up ??? and should i remove the rocks?

Quote Originally Posted by GoN3cRzY View Post
    Hello everyone,

??? and should i remove the rocks?
    Yep, ya should...............

Good clean water will heal it on its own.........

so you think i should take him out he's about 16in long and put him good water or just leave him in the pond and do a 50% water change?

Please post the details of your pond: Gallonage, depth, filtration system. And, describe your normal weekly maintenance routine.

I'm guessing that if a rock in the middle provides a spot for a turtle to sun itself, that your pond is very shallow.

its a 1200 gallon depth is 5 ft n its a 11ft x 7ft n the rock are sitting on more rock to give it da height it need for above surface

Quote Originally Posted by GoN3cRzY View Post
    its a 1200 gallon depth is 5 ft n its a 11ft x 7ft n the rock are sitting on more rock to give it da height it need for above surface
    By my calculations, a pond this size would hold about 3000 gallons (11' X 7' X 5' X 7.5). Are you really POSITIVE about the depth?

yes it correct your cal is but right now my pond has 1000 of water in there right now I didnt fill it up all the way yet cuz one I'm doing a water change n putting more plants in right now but my question is will that white mark on my moi is going to heal or is it there for life

Quote Originally Posted by koiczar View Post
    By my calculations, a pond this size would hold about 3000 gallons (11' X 7' X 5' X 7.5). Are you really POSITIVE about the depth?
    sorry i have one more question for everyone.. ok its about 85degree outside today and my koi is like going to the top of the water and like just taking in more air from the surface but i have a water fall for O2 for the pond but is that a problem i just did a 50% water change

???? A pile of rocks 5 feet high to sun a turtle? ...I think we are being subjected to a ruse.

Crazy: If you are for real, you need to go to the Mid-Atlantic Koi Association website and check for a Koi Health Advisor. There are many experienced koikeepers in the Philly area. They will pay you a personal visit and provide guidance of inestimable value. You need more help than this board can provide. If you are a joke, just go.... You need a different type of help than this board can provide.