Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple

2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple

found this at the roseburg show. A vendor there bought out old man vertrees place and was
    propagating some of his stuff. The leaves are about 3/4 of an inch in length. Thought you'd might like to see it as it's pretty unusual.

Was a great show BTW, larger than the year before so the KHV scare and Cost of Gas was not a deterent for the show.

Had a chance to give a seminar on tosai selection with emphasis on shiro utsuri as they were having a grow out contest.

Always great to meet folks up from other areas visiting the show...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple-img_0512.jpg  
    Dick Benbow

Very pretty Dick. The leaves are so tiny! Anyways, here's a pix of one that I just completed this past weekend. I know that it's not a typical bonsai, but a bonsai none-the-less.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple-getattachment.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Very pretty Dick. The leaves are so tiny! Anyways, here's a pix of one that I just completed this past weekend. I know that it's not a typical bonsai, but a bonsai none-the-less.

Hi Lam, is this tree box wood? Pom Pom style....

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    found this at the roseburg show. A vendor there bought out old man vertrees place and was
    propagating some of his stuff. The leaves are about 3/4 of an inch in length. Thought you'd might like to see it as it's pretty unusual.

Was a great show BTW, larger than the year before so the KHV scare and Cost of Gas was not a deterent for the show.

Had a chance to give a seminar on tosai selection with emphasis on shiro utsuri as they were having a grow out contest.

Always great to meet folks up from other areas visiting the show...
    Thanks Dick. I do like to hear about what is happening at shows, small and large - Good to hear the motivation to show koi is healthy

BB

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Hi Lam, is this tree box wood? Pom Pom style....
    Hi Tony, not sure what type of tree it is. Will ask the nursery where I got it from to see if they know.

BB-so as we're going into our show season, you must be coming out of yours right?
    Lam-Nice job! I like the looks of bonsai around the pond. here's an unusual satsuki with small bloom just starting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple-img_0513.jpg  

Here's a couple more Satsuki Azalea. The larger is now 55 years old! It's also in the process of being re-trained.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple-bitoazalea1.jpg   2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple-bitobonsai4.jpg   2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple-bitoazalea2.jpg   2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple-bitobonsai3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by koiczar View Post
    Here's a couple more Satsuki Azalea. The larger is now 55 years old! It's also in the process of being re-trained.

Mike
    Hey Mike, if I remember correctly dont you have that white or black pine in your front yard?

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    BB-so as we're going into our show season, you must be coming out of yours right?
    Lam-Nice job! I like the looks of bonsai around the pond. here's an unusual satsuki with small bloom just starting
    Dick

Yes, all the Oz big fish koi shows were back in April and May. I will start a new thread with some photos. Show participation continues to be healthy here too.

BB

ps. I always find the following bonsai website to be inspirational and helpful

Home - Internet Bonsai Club

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Hey Mike, if I remember correctly dont you have that white or black pine in your front yard?
    Tony

Yes, I have two Black Pines in the front yard and a Scotch Pine over 75 years old in the back yard by the pond. Here's a pic of the Scotch Pine-

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd smallest dwarf japanese maple-bitoscotchpine.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast