Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giving grief on Showa picks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    tsk tsk... You're all missing the very important factor here....

Photo quality! Do me a favour. Save #3 to your desktop. Open it up with the photo editor of your choice. Increase the brightness a little bit, now increase the gamma and the contrast. See? See? You have to squint a little and use your imagination... Once that baby sumi on the back end disappears the beni and shiro will shine through to provide balance and elegance!!!!

(or at least that's what I told myself when my top 6 picks were snatched up one after the other...) I guess on a positive note, I'm getting better at picking koi. I think I would be worried if my #1 pick was still available, you'd have to wonder why....

Anyway, #3 is the new champion. You'll see....

Grant
    That one is beautiful and you do have a point. I don't entirely agree on the #1 pick still being available thing. After all, not everyone had the opportunity to see all of the fish in person....the one I picked was my #1 pick, but it also was not even on my list previously until I saw it in person...hint hint.. I don't think there were any rules against seeing them in person, right?

Quote Originally Posted by darion6 View Post
    That one is beautiful and you do have a point. I don't entirely agree on the #1 pick still being available thing. After all, not everyone had the opportunity to see all of the fish in person....the one I picked was my #1 pick, but it also was not even on my list previously until I saw it in person...hint hint.. I don't think there were any rules against seeing them in person, right?
    FOUL!!!

... just kidding. You're right, not in the rules anywhere! Lucky !

And I was kinda poking fun at myself because during the shiro growout (I wasn't in it) I picked my top fish, and they were chosen very late in the game... made me wonder what others see that I don't.!!

Grant

no disrespect, as many many of these koi are gorgeous. That said, a few of the picks seem a bit too finished for a koi so young. that also plays a part I think.

Banned

Red face Showa me change!

Hi, My 91 is just that. I decided to play around a bit. I studied my KOKUGYO. After the contest I will try and justify my choice. We will see. I just love her face. I am naming her Loleta.
    All of my Showa's (second favorite after Kohaku) are all Japan imports. All four are male. My GOD what a difference three years make! Here is one of them bad photos but you will get an idea. Sorry that you have to hunt a bit. Look towards the bottom. This is the same koi. Look what happened to his eyes, one turned red the other black. He is still changing.
    Showa me change. Lori
    Last edited by UP ALL NIGHT!!; 06-19-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Hit the wrong smily face.

nice very nice

zek
    Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by UP ALL NIGHT!! View Post
    Hi, My 91 is just that. I decided to play around a bit. I studied my KOKUGYO. After the contest I will try and justify my choice. We will see. I just love her face. I am naming her Loleta.
    All of my Showa's (second favorite after Kohaku) are all Japan imports. All four are male. My GOD what a difference three years make! Here is one of them bad photos but you will get an idea. Sorry that you have to hunt a bit. Look towards the bottom. This is the same koi. Look what happened to his eyes, one turned red the other black. He is still changing.
    Showa me change. Lori
    91 and 94 were both at the top of my list. Couldn't chose between them unless it mattered.

Very nice pick! I'd expect you have a female?

Quote Originally Posted by darion6 View Post
    Umm...I don't suppose you happened to see a fat little Kindai with a maruten spot swimming around with yours, did you? Looked a little bit like this?

Quote Originally Posted by UP ALL NIGHT!! View Post
    Showa me change. Lori
    I just love Loleta! Her face is so striking! I hope you're going to be taking and posting a lot of pictures when she gets there and as she grows. She'd look great in my art....

Marie

I don't remember seeing her or not sure, but she is a charmer for sure...her personality and looks come through that photo..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12