Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Some serious development pics..opinions please!!

Some serious development pics..opinions please!!

Most of these shots are over a 2-3 season period. I am especially interested in what is going on with the motogoro of both my shiro utsuri. They were receding and tightening...then they began to expand again. Could color food cause this?? It did make the shiro go a little yellow. While the sumi increased on these two...it decreased on my sanke and doitsu gin shiro bekko. Sumi increased dramatically on my ginrin matsubawake and kumonryu. The kujaku just improved dramatically....the beni is much more red, and seems deeper. Could be the 4-6weeks of color food?? Opinions are appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some serious development pics..opinions please!!-shirodev08.jpg   Some serious development pics..opinions please!!-showa08dev.jpg   Some serious development pics..opinions please!!-kumonryu08dev.jpg   Some serious development pics..opinions please!!-sankedev08.jpg   Some serious development pics..opinions please!!-kinshowadev08.jpg  

Some serious development pics..opinions please!!-kujakudev08.jpg   Some serious development pics..opinions please!!-matsdev08.jpg   Some serious development pics..opinions please!!-bekkodev08.jpg  

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Tosai
    beautiful kujaku. wow.

I'd dump the color food. None of them need it and the Utsuri's are all getting too much ill effect from it. The Kumonryu and Matsukawabake sumi is gonna take it's annual rollercoaster ride regardless, so I wouldn't attribute any sumi change in them to the colorants. Any changes in Sumi on the Sanke, Showa, ans Utsuri's I would write off to water, seasons, and genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    I'd dump the color food. None of them need it and the Utsuri's are all getting too much ill effect from it. The Kumonryu and Matsukawabake sumi is gonna take it's annual rollercoaster ride regardless, so I wouldn't attribute any sumi change in them to the colorants. Any changes in Sumi on the Sanke, Showa, ans Utsuri's I would write off to water, seasons, and genetics.
    Thanks for the advice. The color food was quite a mistake for the show. I wont do that again. My main concern was the motogoro on the shiro...seems to have reverted back to the look it had when it was younger. I thought it was odd.