Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The influence this board can have

Daihonmei
    This is a good thing! JR

Nisai

Kodama Koi

Hi Marie,

As part of our Partnership the the Kodama Koi Farm, we offer Kodama Koi exclusively. This is good for us becuase we can track each and every Koi from the breeder to the customer. This exclusivity ensures a KHV-free environment.

As you know, another prominent Koi dealer from here in the Northwest had a KHV problem. Our exclusivity arrangement with the Kodama's is the surest way to avoid KHV.

The breeders that Kodamas represent have a co-op that checks for KHV before the Koi leave Niigata. Upon arriving in Hawaii - before reaching the Kodama Koi Farm, the State of Hawaii checks for KHV. Once at the Kodama Koi Farm - samples are checked again for KHV.

For those of you that have visited the KKF, you know that they keep breeders seperate. So, if a problem does arise - it can be contained.

So, to answer you question: We only offer Kodama Koi Farm Koi. We do not special order from other suppliers as we can not be sure of the Koi's health.

When you buy Koi from Russell Water, Gardens & Koi, or directly from the Kodama Koi Farm web site auction - you can rest assured that you'll receive the healthiest Koi possible.

Thanks so much.
    Sincerely,
    John Russell

Quote Originally Posted by John Russell View Post
    Hi Marie,

As part of our Partnership the the Kodama Koi Farm, we offer Kodama Koi exclusively. This is good for us becuase we can track each and every Koi from the breeder to the customer. This exclusivity ensures a KHV-free environment.

As you know, another prominent Koi dealer from here in the Northwest had a KHV problem. Our exclusivity arrangement with the Kodama's is the surest way to avoid KHV.

The breeders that Kodamas represent have a co-op that checks for KHV before the Koi leave Niigata. Upon arriving in Hawaii - before reaching the Kodama Koi Farm, the State of Hawaii checks for KHV. Once at the Kodama Koi Farm - samples are checked again for KHV.

For those of you that have visited the KKF, you know that they keep breeders seperate. So, if a problem does arise - it can be contained.

So, to answer you question: We only offer Kodama Koi Farm Koi. We do not special order from other suppliers as we can not be sure of the Koi's health.

When you buy Koi from Russell Water, Gardens & Koi, or directly from the Kodama Koi Farm web site auction - you can rest assured that you'll receive the healthiest Koi possible.

Thanks so much.
    Sincerely,
    John Russell
    Excellent. Thank you.

It's good to know that KHV is taken seriously and that the fish are checked again and again for the virus by the breeders, the state of Hawaii, and KKF, and then scrupulously kept separate by breeder lot just in case the impossible happens to an exclusively KHV-free environment. You can never be too careful and it looks like you're doing a great job. Nice.

Well there's another thing the R&G crowd could stand to learn from you...

Glad to hear it.......Now let me point out the obvious: No free advertising. Please talk to Brian before continuing with this thread. Thanks
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

We're also looking for more outstanding presenters for our seminar program. Anyone interested can email me directly at . . .
    Cool. Resume will be enroute shortly.

Just have to decide between sending Keokoi's or NancyM's.

Nisai

No free ads

Hello all,

JNorth, I agree. We are in the process of setting up our sponsorship with Brian right now.

KoiCop, its so nice to hear from you again. I'd love to have you or anyone else you respect present seminars for us. The more highly regarded Koi people we can expose our customers to - the better.

Sincerely,
    John Russell

Hello all,
    KoiCop, its so nice to hear from you again.
    Likewise, I'm sure.

The more highly regarded Koi people we can expose our customers to - the better.
    Hmmm, I guess that might be true -- up to a certain point. At which time highly educated customers might no longer choose to purchase your koi or your products?

And please, John, let's consider my comment as an abstract academic argument, not an explicit or implied attack on you, your fish or your equipment.

As such, it requires no defense (read: sales pitch) on your part. Especially so in light of Jim's admonition.

Have a nice day, Don

Nisai

Priceless

Hi Don,
    You're priceless.

I guess that might be true -- up to a certain point. At which time highly educated customers might no longer choose to purchase your koi or your products?
    First of all, they're not my Koi - all our Koi come directly from the Kodama Koi Farm. Are you really trying to say that "educated customers might no longer choose to purchase" Kodama Koi Farm Koi? Really?

Secondly, we are a company that constantly develops new products - and impoves existing products - with the direct help of "highly educated customers". You, perhaps, could help us develop a product that solves some little problem that people may be having. Would "educated customers" still choose not to purchase our products?

I love your style Don - jab and weave.
    Keep'em coming.
    Sincerely,
    John Russell

p.s. We are now a paying sponsor. www.russellwatergardens.com
    Last edited by John Russell; 08-25-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Sponsorship

Are you really trying to say that "educated customers might no longer choose to purchase" Kodama Koi Farm Koi? Really?
    I said highly educated. And, yes: Really.

PS -- Welcome aboard as a sponser.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast