Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAKC 2008 Show Photos

Nisai

MAKC 2008 Show Photos

I uploaded the photos from Thursday's setup to my photo share site.

http://www.pbase.com/wcstory/makc_08
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAKC 2008 Show Photos-makc_08_0004.jpg   MAKC 2008 Show Photos-makc_08_0010.jpg   MAKC 2008 Show Photos-makc_08_0026.jpg   MAKC 2008 Show Photos-makc_08_0043.jpg   MAKC 2008 Show Photos-makc_08_0057.jpg  

Graham gives so much for the success of shows in the eastern U.S. Good to see him getting everything right.

Jumbo
    Wow, Art is a mear shadow of his former self!!! Sure wish I was there!!! But this drive was simply too much for us this year!! Can't wait to see more photos as the weekend moves forward.

Nisai
    More pictures added to link above

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Graham gives so much for the success of shows in the eastern U.S. Good to see him getting everything right.
    Graham has been a TREMENDOUS help, along with all of team Canada: Stan & Kathy Ellis, Gavin McCallum, Verne Gilkes, Leigh Mode. The Americans are holding our own in helping: Ray & Terri Armstrong, David Hicks, George Smith, Dennis Longnecker and a few others.

Without volunteers shows like this CANNOT HAPPEN!!

Bill

Sansai
    Great job on the pictures Bill. Thanks

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by wcstory View Post

Graham has been a TREMENDOUS help, along with all of team Canada: Stan & Kathy Ellis, Gavin McCallum, Verne Gilkes, Leigh Mode. The Americans are holding our own in helping: Ray & Terri Armstrong, David Hicks, George Smith, Dennis Longnecker and a few others.

Bill
    Hosts should HOST the show.
    i wonder about so many of the weak hobbyists around that show. The Embarassment they should feel for relying on the Canadians to do ALL of the work at the Last KoiAmerica should have embarassed them to the point that they would have not allowed it to happen AGAIN.
    To travel from Canada and then to be THE integral part of putting the show up is unconscioable(sp).
    Where are the MAKC locals?
    BTW Graham,
    My grass needs mowing
    Stan and Kathy, please sweep the lake bottom and clean the filters before 4Pm . I am having guests over for dinner.

All three of you can take the evening off.

Jumbo
    Well, I assume everyone is partying and having a good time while the rest of us sit here waiting for pictures and lots of stories!!

Pictures PLEASE!!!

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by wcstory View Post

Bill
    Bill,
    Glad to see you got a lot of volunteers this year (foriegn and domestic ). Of course those Cannucks work hard and party harder!

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. schildkoi@aol.com
    CKHPA

Nisai
    We'll there needs to be local help, but in some areas of a show there must be the proper help. If we take on the responsibility to care for someone's Koi we commit to the highest level of care possible.

The Water Quality persons must be of the highest caliber, no one who is not well skilled in handling High End Koi can touch the Koi.

The Registration people must also be excellent or the whole show falls apart.

I was blessed to have Graham, Stan, Kathy, Gavin and Verne from Canada. Ray & Terri from the Detroit area, Walt and Lin from Niagara, George, Dennis from Pa, Carolyn from Louisville, Bob & Ann from Illinois, Dan from NC and Linda from Md. In the end there will always be a mix of local, regional and international help along with hired help. Ron Mintz, owner of the GC, donated laborers who work for him. These guys were GREAT. The crew leaders and workers were excellent and showed a great work ethic. Thanks Ron.

I made a commitment to taking care of my help and hope I lived up to my standard in their opinion. Without them Peter and I would never of survived the weekend.

Before anyone left for the day Peter and I personally thanked everyone for their help, that goes for the hired labor too. Everyone who helps out deserves a proper thank you.

Bill
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MAKC 2008
    Koi Show Co-Chair

Tategoi
    I don't mind helping out, especially when there are some locals to give a hand also. The hired guys were a major help and every show needs to look at using them.

The MAKC show this year was actually fun, no one had to kill themselves. It came together in record time. The MAKC 09 organizers need to have a close look at thier help for next year as I think I'll be doing Louisville. I believe a few other Canucks maybe doing the same...but that's a year away

Overall it was a good show and trip

Thanks for the compliment Mike and Luke that green stuff you call grass down there is straw...buy a goat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast