Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: new Quality koi doitsu showa

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan25 View Post

I am SO happy!

Now, shall we move onto my goshiki/kohaku?

Cheryl started it!!!!!!!!!

Ethan PLEASE tell me you know for sure it`s a goshiki!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carrie1964 View Post
    Cheryl started it!!!!!!!!!

Ethan PLEASE tell me you know for sure it`s a goshiki!!!!!!!!

Actually, that is to be debated.

(starting a new thread)

Honmei
    The fact that it proves you wrong that you didn;t know the koi's lineage, and you really couldn't make a true assessment about the fish without it. You assumed it was a poor fish becuase the beni was void on a section of the fish. The Japanese way of considering it would not have given up on this fish for the sheer fact that what was known of the sumi was incomplete, and was not determined.

We do not know what will happen with the sumi as the fish has both Kunonryu and showa genes. For a long time no one questioned whether or not it was a showa. I have no question in my mind that it doesn't display beni kumonryu characteristics at some point in its life. It was sold as a showa, however, and still shows more showa characteristics currently than kumonryu.

The fact that you never really even acknowledged the very thorough post of Mat at Quality Koi says to me that you didn't even care.

Mat said may very telling things about this koi, Nancy.
    Ethan,
    Give it a rest already! Nancy is entitled to her opinions of the koi...after all when you started the thread, you wanted opinions. Don't ask for opinions if you don't want them. This is a classic example why I rarely respond to these threads requesting opinions/critiques.

Let this thread die already.

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Actually, that is to be debated.

(starting a new thread)

I KNOW you are joking!

(BTW......don`t ask, because I will not apologize to the koi at the harvest for saying I didn`t like it )

Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Ethan,
    Give it a rest already! Nancy is entitled to her opinions of the koi...after all when you started the thread, you wanted opinions. Don't ask for opinions if you don't want them. This is a classic example why I rarely respond to these threads requesting opinions/critiques.

Let this thread die already.

Steve
    Maybe a mod can lock it steve.

I'll just post some high quality pictures of when it is harvested and we can start over then.

Thank you.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Campcheryl View Post
    I have vowed never to respond to "Rate My Koi" or "give me all the good, bad, and ugly about my new koi" ever again. I talked this over with Steve and he at first did not see what I saw. I did look at other books on Kumonryu and decided to post what I was seeing. As I stated before, I was no expert but stating what I was seeing. This fish will be coming out of the mud pond in October and I am curious as to see what it will look like. I did get emails telling of my post being ridiculed by others but so what. It was my opinion but I guess I can laugh a bit louder now. I am still amazed of how much crap this doitsu fish has generated in this thread. There are very few fabulous doitsu that are worth this much talk and effort. As I have stated before, Ethan please update us on this fish when it comes out of the mud. Who knows I may have mud on my face at that time. I think I was more concerned about the age of this fish than the Kumonryu aspect for I was seeing something different than the nissai that Ethan stated it was. But all is clear as mud now. Good luck Ethan with your fish.
    CampCheryl,
    i sincerely have posted that you did a wonderful thing by catching the beni kumomryu features of this koi and posting about it...Only when it became political did it become distateful to some..personally I learned alot of good koi information because it did that as well.
    it wasn't you that caused this to go south...your perspective was refreshing..I am dying to see if this koi becomes a showa.

I'll agree with MikeM on this.....dead horse so closed.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920