Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: new Quality koi doitsu showa

new Quality koi doitsu showa

I sent Headache (Troy) some money to pick up a doitsu showa while he was at Quality Koi. I was VERY happy with his choice. We talked on the phone several times over three days to make sure he knew what I wanted. I didn't have much to spend, but am very pleased with what I received. It is in quarantine and will be shipped after the new year in all likelihood. It is 15" long, and has a nice big white area in the rear, a perfect spot for all that sumi that will develop in time!

Nice streamlined body, and sexed by two different people as female. Here are the pictures of her. Can't wait to see her in person!

Ethan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new Quality koi doitsu showa-nkf-harvest-08-195-1-.jpg   new Quality koi doitsu showa-nkf-harvest-08-194-2-.jpg   new Quality koi doitsu showa-nkf-harvest-08-198-1-.jpg   new Quality koi doitsu showa-nkf-harvest-08-199-1-.jpg  

Ethan: Troy studied a lot of koi to find what he thought would match your wants. It was a tough job, pursued diligently. Aching back from bending over tanks, a neck pain, searing sun glare reflecting in the eyes. I'm sure he'd never have done it for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Ethan: Troy studied a lot of koi to find what he thought would match your wants. It was a tough job, pursued diligently. Aching back from bending over tanks, a neck pain, searing sun glare reflecting in the eyes. I'm sure he'd never have done it for anyone else.
    Thanks for that picture, Mike! I know, he's a good guy, and I think he did a great job!

any thoughts on the showa?

Cats out of the bag now. I wanted that fish but Troy bowled it first. He said it was for someone but would not tell me who. I tried to get Earl to tell me but he wouldn't tell me. Now I know.

Ethan- you owe me a showa. Find me a nice one and send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l113892 View Post
    Cats out of the bag now. I wanted that fish but Troy bowled it first. He said it was for someone but would not tell me who. I tried to get Earl to tell me but he wouldn't tell me. Now I know.

Ethan- you owe me a showa. Find me a nice one and send me a PM.

I'll find something nice for you. Want my deformed showa? She needs some love.

I ment to tell you Mike when I got you home at 1:30 am but forgot . Do you really think I wanted to hear you talk about this for 11+ hours on the way home ?

no one wants to comment on my piece of crap showa?

common'! You won't hurt my little feelings! Do you not like it because it's missing hi on the back rear side? I know you want to post about it....

Ok I'll bite . Thats a LOT of white on the back half....but the pictures are at an angle I don't like because all I'm seeing is that side of her. I would very much like to see a top shot of her so please post that when you get her home .
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth View Post
    Ok I'll bite . Thats a LOT of white on the back half....but the pictures are at an angle I don't like because all I'm seeing is that side of her. I would very much like to see a top shot of her so please post that when you get her home .
    Thanks JNorth.

The first picture where she is bowled with the rest of those nisai, she is the one just to the right of 12:00. The beni goes along her left side pretty nicely. It's going to take some sumi to balance out the pattern, but was worth the cost in my opinion. her scales are great in my opinion, and her colors are all solid, of what is showing thus far.
    Nice even hi...I have seen doitsu showa and sanke that have weaknesses in the hi....you can see it easier in my opinion with doitsu because the skin is usually pretty consistent.

Ethan

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth View Post
    Best shot I got. i took the liberty of emailing them and asking if they had anything from the top, or could get me one. They obliged with a picture from the day she was bowled and was purchased. I think this helps, no?

What do you think JNorth? Others?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new Quality koi doitsu showa-t-1-.head_d.showa.jpg  

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast