Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: sick Koi. Please help urgently

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Please try contacting both of these gentlemen they are both advanced hobbiest, and very knowledgable.

Alan email is [email protected]
    Don email is [email protected]
    Thank you all for your support. I sent them both an E-MAil. Crossing my fingers for miracles. If my Kois are safe, that would be the best Christmas present. By the way, the picture looks crowded because I was feeding them when the picture was taken. That particular fish disappeared so I think he either died or hiding in the rock somewhere.

Aren't you glad you came here
    Not only do these people know their stuff, they know people who can help right in your own back yard

BTW. Many moons ago I lived on Placerita Canyon Rd...

Jumbo
    No expert, but I will jump in.

1. you have a nice pond, but poor koi pond.
    2. your filtration need major upgrade.
    3. you added too many koi too early to your pond.
    4. you are aggrevating the situation with all the poison you put in.

the temp in your location has been around 70F in the last few weeks. you should be able to bring the temp up to the level expert have advised.

Were I in this situation, I will

- do massive water change, to reduce the concetration of the poison added to the pond. All poisons you added to your pond except ProformC, are truely poisons.
    - get H2O2, apply it on all the 'cotton ball', avoid eye and gill
    - scope to identify the parasites
    - if you have to apply ProformC, do it in early morning (don't use it with salinity > 0.5% in the pond).
    - there are some localized pine-coning in the pic, I will weight killing parasite agains adding salt.
    - forget about this shop that have been selling you poison, go to a serious koi join for advise if you need to.

maybe you should join a good koi clud in your area, and get the help from the real koi nerds.

stan

Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan View Post
    No expert, but I will jump in.

1. you have a nice pond, but poor koi pond.
    2. your filtration need major upgrade.
    3. you added too many koi too early to your pond.
    4. you are aggrevating the situation with all the poison you put in.

the temp in your location has been around 70F in the last few weeks. you should be able to bring the temp up to the level expert have advised.

Were I in this situation, I will

- do massive water change, to reduce the concetration of the poison added to the pond. All poisons you added to your pond except ProformC, are truely poisons.
    - get H2O2, apply it on all the 'cotton ball', avoid eye and gill
    - scope to identify the parasites
    - if you have to apply ProformC, do it in early morning (don't use it with salinity > 0.5% in the pond).
    - there are some localized pine-coning in the pic, I will weight killing parasite agains adding salt.
    - forget about this shop that have been selling you poison, go to a serious koi join for advise if you need to.

maybe you should join a good koi clud in your area, and get the help from the real koi nerds.

stan
    Thank you for your valuable advise. I will get started on joining a club as soon as I find one. After all, I am hooked on the KOI passion. I can in fact modify my pond in any way to meet the health standard for Koi if some KHA can give me pointers. I will do an immediate 50% water change and do the H2O2 thing. I just didn't want to stress the Kois as they have been overly stressed already, unless specifically advised by experts like you are. One thing of note, I have been doing Profrom C in the evening. May be that's why it is not as effective becouse the temp is much lower!!!

I agree with most of what Stan is telling you but I would hold off on the Peroxide for now till you get in touch with one of the guys you emailed. Again, please donít do anymore shotgun treatments.

Have you used ProForm with salt in your pond? If so, that is adding to the problem. ProForm cannot be used with salt. Also, you shouldnít have salt in your pond on an ongoing basis. Koi donít need it unless youíre treating them. Overuse of salt makes it useless as a med.

The only things you should be doing until you hear from the guys is to do at least a 50% water change to remove the meds and salt youíve put in and try to bring up the temp.

PLEASE, donít do anything else. Youíll possibly be causing more harm.

I just wanted to wish you well with your koi. It sounds like you are willing to do what it takes to do the best you can for them.
    Your pond is very pretty........I hope you get this issue resolved ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by carrie1964 View Post
    I just wanted to wish you well with your koi. It sounds like you are willing to do what it takes to do the best you can for them.
    Your pond is very pretty........I hope you get this issue resolved ASAP!
    Thank you. You are right. WHATEVER it takes to help my Kois within my power. Also update: I just did a 40% water change. I held off the H2O2. Proform C x1 dose done just now because it is day time and it is warm. Hopefully catch some hatching Ichs. Yes, there was salt in the pond when I started Proform. Approx 30# in all but I tried diluting them through water changes as soon as I learned more! Awaiting further instructions from the experts.

How many ProForm treatments have you done?

If you don't hear from someone this afternoon, please let me know and I'll get you the names of some KHA's in your area.

No more treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by kntry View Post
    How many ProForm treatments have you done?

If you don't hear from someone this afternoon, please let me know and I'll get you the names of some KHA's in your area.

No more treatments.
    Total 4. The last Tx before today was 3 days ago. I will not add anything else until further advice. Also, I managed to catch one more ill Koi. This one is very dear to me!!!! Please take a look at the lesion on the head
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sick Koi. Please help urgently-pics7.jpg  

I can't really tell anything from the pic. It's not clear enough.

With all the issues you have going on, you really need someone at your pond, in person. Let's see if we can get that to happen this weekend.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast