Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ogata Showa

Short story...

Here's a story of an Ogata Nisai...A couple of years ago Grant Fujita bought a Ogata Showa from Eastern Nishikigoi. That fish had been pretty much one of the left over fish from one of the preious shipments. Be it that it had been there that long Grant got a good deal on it, well to make a long story short, a couple of years later the fish goes to a LA show and wins reserve GC. Even the breeder Ogata himself didnt believe the fish came from him. This is just one of the funny instance where if the hobbyist has good skill in raising something, then get something great in return.

One bit of advice, as a hobbyist never buy the name of the breeder, buy the quality of the fish. You'll find alot of name brand stuff being tossed around by dealers, but the quality doesnt show.

Tony
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

See Tony, it's the THREE for $100 deals you need to look for. The 4/$100 fish don't look this good

Ya know Victor, if you didn't seem like such a nice guy I could learn to hate you real quick out of sheer envy Dollar for Dollar you are doing mighty fine for yourself. Either you are experiencing beginners luck on steroids, or the guys at Champion really like you

Quote Originally Posted by ikoi View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanna share with you one of my Showas that I got when it was 6". It's now around 11" and its sumi starts coming up. What do you think of it? Hope it'll turn out nicely.

Cheers,
    Victor
    skin quality looks second to none on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    See Tony, it's the THREE for $100 deals you need to look for. The 4/$100 fish don't look this good
    The funny thing Larry is that I remember bowling the first Showa in this thread, when Tom dropped the price....Dont ask me why I passed on it, cause alot of the so called left-over fish I pass on become really nice fish...It's interesting how hobbyist dont really see what they are looking at until they bowl it and study it. Most use pattern to pin point the fish and some use quality(like the brightness of shiroji, beni and thickness of sumi). I was at that shop yesterday and there is a left over sanke I had my eye on the past couple of weeks, if I buy it I will post a pic of it.

Ya know Victor, if you didn't seem like such a nice guy I could learn to hate you real quick out of sheer envy Dollar for Dollar you are doing mighty fine for yourself. Either you are experiencing beginners luck on steroids, or the guys at Champion really like you
    and, perhaps. ZNA NorCal has tought Victor well on how to pick Tosai.

See Victor, you now know why you need to join ZNA NorCal club ;-))

--Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Nice Showa, the sumi is developing very nice and the beni will later pull together tighter. Nice pickup.

What was the 3rd fish in the 3 for $100 lot?

Tony
    Tony - Thanks for your comments and sharing with us the story of G. Fujita's showa. Let's see how this showa develops in a few months. The 3rd koi is a little Kohaku. It's small and growing slower compared to these 2 showas. It's around 7"-8" now.

Cheers,
    Victor

Thanks PapaBear! I think I just got lucky since the guys at Champion are nice to everyone.

Cheers,
    Victor

A New little Ogata Showa

I just picked up this little showa (6") this weekend from ChampKoi and would like to share with you. Please share your comments.

Due to stronger Yen, it's not 3 for $100 anymore.

Cheers,
    Victor

I helped out unloading that shipment of tosai when they came and they are pretty nice. I wish I had time to fully go through the whole shipment.

Tony

Victor, the pic up load seems to not have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    I helped out unloading that shipment of tosai when they came and they are pretty nice. I wish I had time to fully go through the whole shipment.

Tony

Victor, the pic up load seems to not have worked.
    Tony,

If you had enough time to go through them, then I won't have anything left to choose from. For the pictures, I used the inline attachments, so I didn't use the upload feature. Could you see the pictures?

Victor

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast