Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ogata Showa

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    Here you go.
    Does this showa have "sumi accent" or sumi pattern? I really like it, but we all know it's 3.0 mil Yen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ogata Showa-dainichi_38cm.jpg  

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by ikoi View Post
    Does this showa have "sumi accent" or sumi pattern? I really like it, but we all know it's 3.0 mil Yen

I know, that one was from Narita's event last April.... http://www.narita-koi.com/whatnew/detail23

Oh, poor Ryuki , the fish is better without sumi. http://www.narita-koi.com/whatnew/ad...pOFTheTop6.pdf

This is an interesting example of what photos can do. The eyes do not seem properly aligned. It could be the pattern tricking the eye. It could be the photo angle. For 3million yen, I would assume the eyes are well-aligned.

In another thread there is discussion of shoulder humps being a negative in some instances. If I read the Narita listing correctly, this is a 15-inch tosai. It appears to have quite a hump for a jumbo tosai. The head shape is curious and it seems to be highly finished. Could the head really be that white? Photo magic?

A gorgeous photo. But, I don't trust it.

Do male koi develop nuchal humps?

Fry
    Okay, so I have trouble telling the difference between some showa and some sanke. What's a rule of thumb to remember in order to tell the difference? Some fish you can tell that black is the base color, but sometimes there's so little of it that the fish looks like a sanke to me.

Ogata Showa update - 2.2010

Would like you share the update of the Showa in this threat. It's been 6 months since last update. Sumi is slowly coming up. Notice the submerged sumi patch on the right side of her tail tube? The sumi is testing my patience. For Luke and SuperKindai, let's see how she turns out in another....2.5 yrs. It's around 16.5" now...

Cheers,
    V.

PS: Don't forget to turn on you speakers while watching.

The only scary thing about this one is wondering if the beni will still be this wonderful when the sumi finally comes in? The skin screams that it could, the sashi in the 2nd step gives one a lot of hope, but the sumi in the tail tube looks like it could make you wait a very long time...
    Dang I like the look of her

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    The only scary thing about this one is wondering if the beni will still be this wonderful when the sumi finally comes in? The skin screams that it could, the sashi in the 2nd step gives one a lot of hope, but the sumi in the tail tube looks like it could make you wait a very long time...
    Dang I like the look of her
    Don't know how long it's going to take her to clear/tighten the sashi in the 2nd step, 2 more years? Let's see how she'll look after this summer. I'm glad that you like her, Larry!

Cheers,
    Vic.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789