Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All japan champ 2009

Pictures are funny things. The frame does not project the true size of the fish, and without that "depth of field" view that standing by the tank would give you wouldn't guess it to be 92cm (at least I wouldn't). The body is so clean and streamlined that it makes a still photo truly deceptive. I would love to see this one up close and personal The bold patterning appeals to me on a showa anyway and this one's a beut

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    Compare this show to other show before do you guys think it start go south a bit? This year champ showa do not make me wooooo then 07 showa or 08 Sakai Kohaku. (Maybe this is my opinion )
    Nobody takes AJKS GC lightly. It is the highest honor within the Nishikigoi shows. I don't think the show itself goes south any bit. Perhaps, we expect to much for AJKS GC level...

Compare this show to other show before do you guys think it start go south a bit? This year champ showa do not make me wooooo then 07 showa or 08 Sakai Kohaku. (Maybe this is my opinion )
    Hello nguyen4 . . .

Were you fortunate enough to be able to attend the show and see this GC koi in person?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Pictures are funny things. The frame does not project the true size of the fish, and without that "depth of field" view that standing by the tank would give you wouldn't guess it to be 92cm (at least I wouldn't). The body is so clean and streamlined that it makes a still photo truly deceptive. I would love to see this one up close and personal The bold patterning appeals to me on a showa anyway and this one's a beut
    The fish being 92cm one would have to stand on a step ladder to get a good perspective We are lucky to see a good snap shot .It is difficult to get a good shot at a show.
    Regards
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post

Larry , Maybe this photo from Mark Gardner will help . I also agree that the photo of the GC makes it look like a 20" fish .

I would like to see the GC Showa next to this Kohaku (Now thats a Frame) . I may have missed it , but does anyone how more details such as RGC , Etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    The 2009 GC is a beautiful Showa. However, I wish it has better body conformation, specially with her head. Posting the Maruchiku Showa to express my wish for showa body conformation type for Grand Champion level.

--Dinh
    Maybe this year's GC doesnt have quite the body of the other fish, but it still pulled out the win. Imagine if the Showa's conformation was up then, I dont think you'll have quite a close ballot.

It doesnt have the wow factor of say the Dainichi Showa GC, but it has enough to push it past a kohaku for the top honor. Maybe if the Showa was shown the following year maybe we can see the conformation a bit thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    Larry , Maybe this photo from Mark Gardner will help . I also agree that the photo of the GC makes it look like a 20" fish .

I would like to see the GC Showa next to this Kohaku (Now thats a Frame) . I may have missed it , but does anyone how more details such as RGC , Etc. ?
    Wow nice showa, I have been away for awhile forgot all about the AJKS , but everyone knows I love showa's, and this one is a very beautiful peace of art, and very desrving of GC.....

When will the boys all learn that size is not everything , look at the quality, confirmation, thickness of beni and sumi.... This girl has it all.

I would take it over that Kohaku any day.

I've uploaded some video of the GC to YouTube:

I have a longer video which I will post later.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Thanks Brian!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast