Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bailout Money for Brett and Brady???

Bailout Money for Brett and Brady???

Heard the good news today. Fish farmers are gonna get financial aid to help pay for the price increases on Fish Feed (Ethanol diversion anyone) Catfish, Talipia, etc... all named specifically for feed price assistance

Now even Brett can qualify for gooberment ass-istance
    Maybe ol' Barry will come along with a "buyout" for Koi Farms

So where does he get the paper work???

But, but, but............ You forgot about the FFT (Fish Flatulence Tax) & the WWPTT (Waste Water Poop Treatment Tax) that Soetoro is going to enact that will dwarf the sizzle of what looks to help the fish farms. Watch this hand up here amazing the people, while the other is down below doing corrupt business

You had to mention Barry's name to get me to post didn'tcha

Well hopefully Brett, Brady and the others might reap some rewards outta this mess the messiah is creating.

I sure hope they get enough to help. Our grandkid's grandkids will be paying for this mess so someone we know and deserving should reap the benefits.

And that's the truth Sandy! Somedays I question bringing a child into this mess, but with a face like below it makes all the worlds problems seem trivial.................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bailout Money for Brett and Brady???-dsc03286-sm.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by woodyaht View Post
    And that's the truth Sandy! Somedays I question bringing a child into this mess, but with a face like below it makes all the worlds problems seem trivial.................
    I think as kids growing up we have been through more, the 70's gas crisis and the layoffs of the 80's.....I think it's time to throw a helmet on that kid and get him ready for some football man!!!

Oyagoi
    Not going to help Brady or I.......

The money is specifically for feed, which is an expense, but not a major one for koi breeders compared to catfish, trout, tilapia, striped, bass, shrimp, etc.

Also, there a strings attached.

I do not qualify for several reasons, one of which is due to draconian environmental regs (state not federal) I cannot get a license to farm fish. Fish being the ONLY farm animal in Texas which requires a license to produce. My license was revoked seven years ago when a political boundary was gerrymandered, placing me on the wrong side of the line. Now my license is tied to an industrial discharge permit which I can;t get without spending tens of thousands on lawyers. Not that any discharges from my operation are anything other than pristine (especially as compared to recieiving waters). Freinds in state gooberment keep me from being heavily scrutinized by state regulators and shut down. The Feds (EPA) gave me a letter stating I was exempt under EPA with respect to fish farm discharges as I was "in no position to cause harm." The state will still not issue the permit because "The recieving stream is already polluted." Something I am aware of and something my discharges only help (by diluting semi treated sewage from Danbury). But the law says one thing and biology says another, the law ALWAYS wins.

Another is that my feed costs are not significant enough, feed is half or more the cost in raising fish for the table, but not for ornamental or sport fish. My costs are rent, energy electricity and fuel), labor, equipment, repair and maintenance, insurance (liability not crop) and other things not taken into consideration in the stimulus money for fish producers.

Anyway, I vehemently oppose the bailout money being wasted on stupid BS and see no benefit for any of us, only grwoing debt to hand down to our children and grandchildren.

Of course when China calls thier debt, I say give 'em California. They'll either straighten the place up or lose everything trying.

Brett
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by woodyaht View Post

Chris, wow the lil guy has grown... He is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbreeder View Post

Not that any discharges from my operation are anything other than pristine (especially as compared to recieiving waters).

Anyway, I vehemently oppose the bailout money being wasted on stupid BS and see no benefit for any of us, only grwoing debt to hand down to our children and grandchildren.

Brett

Brett,

Out here in N. Ca. we've got thousands of miles of waterways that lead to the Golden Gate. It is against the law for me to take a brand new sanitized bucket, scoop up some river water, and dump it directly back in the river. As the water I am dumping doesn't meet discharge regs yet I just pulled it from the river Nobody enforces it though

About 10yrs ago, my buddy used to maintain the Fireboat for our Port, when he got busted for testing/opperating the firepumps. He explained that I am drawing the water directly from the river, and putting it right back in the river. They shut down the fireboats for quite some time with all the legal BS. The Port won as you gotta have fireboats.

I am with you on the bailouts. It's a complete joke. Any normal business man knows you can't keep spending money you don't have and think you are going to prosper. It's mind boggling. China is going to take more than CA when the time comes.

Now we own 75% of a car company. I don't want to own a car company. I wonder when our quarterly dividend checks will arrive
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    He is adorable.
    I am still blaming the UPS driver for that one

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast