Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plan to build a koi pond as part of nomination

Plan to build a koi pond as part of nomination

that why he won the Nobel Peace prize just 9 days into his presidency before deadline of the nomination.....OK, how big they should build the Koi Pond in the WH?

In a surprise, Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize - Yahoo! News

Daihonmei
    he really got it because he got a Poodle for his kids...(but he knew that his detractors would do the usual crap LIKE THIS, so he got a 99.99% poodle/Portuguese Water Dog.

Instead of lauding the man for his works in an area which is at the top of the world's major concerns, once again, it is a childish knee-jerk reaction with no merit or integrity that will only add to the negativity that is American Politics; a place for the frustrated to tear each other down even if they have no real understanding of the world or themselves and their actions.

619 Guy. Member of the Koi Club of San Diego

What's the word....

Irony -

The man is Commander in Chief of a military that presently fights on two fronts in the world. Is his silence on what to do, in regards to these areas of conflict, his merit for the Peace Prize?

The Nobel Committee has dropped 10 notches on my respectability ladder.

Instead of lauding the man for his works in an area which is at the top of the world's major concerns, once again, it is a childish knee-jerk reaction with no merit or integrity that will only add to the negativity that is American Politics; a place for the frustrated to tear each other down even if they have no real understanding of the world or themselves and their actions.[/QUOTE]
    Well said and cogratulations
    Regards
    Eugene

Folks he was nominated 19 days into his presidency.
    It makes no sense to me.............

Quote Originally Posted by mstrseed View Post
    Folks he was nominated 19 days into his presidency.
    It makes no sense to me.............
    yes, but it was a tremendous 19 days...

he did so much in those days...

must've been so much that i can't recall what was done?

or was it the promise of change? still don't know what all that is about.

Fry
    Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    he really got it because he got a Poodle for his kids...(but he knew that his detractors would do the usual crap LIKE THIS, so he got a 99.99% poodle/Portuguese Water Dog.

Instead of lauding the man for his works in an area which is at the top of the world's major concerns, once again, it is a childish knee-jerk reaction with no merit or integrity that will only add to the negativity that is American Politics; a place for the frustrated to tear each other down even if they have no real understanding of the world or themselves and their actions.
    Hi,

I'm not an American, and I don't have any real interest in American politics. But maybe because of this you can say I have an unbiased stance. I have to say though I liked John McCain simply because he was (supposedly?) a war hero. In the situation he was in and doing what was claimed took a whole lot of patriotism and balls.

Anyway, my take on why Obama deserves the Nobel Peace Prize? I think the single speech that he did in Turkey which changed somewhat the perception the world had of the US. He might not be the best policy maker or Commander in Chief, but I think what he represents as a figurehead is much more than that. For a moment in time, there was actually hope of peace in the world.

I don't think Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, I think America won the prize for voting for what he represented. As to whether he will do everything he said, only time will tell. I certainly hope winning the prize holds him even more dearly to his promises.

Congrats America.

Oyagoi
    Holy Mackeral!!!!

Maybe I should say, "Holy Koi!!!"

Just the little I've heard says that there actually were very good candidates for that prize. People that actually did something to help others in this world. Then it gets given as a political football award? To a know nothing, do nothing "community organizer" who got to where he is through corruption, vice and dirty political dealings? Betcha ole Alfred is spinning in his grave.....

I am ashamed. Ashamed that we (Americans) were stupid enough to vote for such a charlatan. Ashamed that (at least some) of the world cannot see through the stained, corrupted, beholden to dirty Chicago politics, President of The United States. Ashamed that none of it can be construed as a mistake. I have never been so Ashamed to be an American. That Award should not be accepted. It should be given to a deserving person.

I do not care if it is a million dollar order, MY FISH are too good to live in such deception and shame. And heck, I supplied koi for an "Elect Bill Clinton" party long ago. Story I got was they began spawning soon as Clinton showed up.

I was ashamed when my president couldn't keep his trousers on, this is a lot worse.

Brett
    Brett

Daihonmei
    hmmm One person, outside of AMERICAN Politics posts the most unbiased opinion on the global perception of Obama and No one notices..
    Why because you all wanna continue to ***** about something you feel strongly about but are very weak as to the knowledge.
    I don't hear a clamor outside the USA as to how deserving Obama is. I do hear alot of Political BS.... and its worst form...men *****ing about something they have no real input into, or influence over, and did not have an opinion before the decision was made, not an intelligent position after the decision was announced.
    Ya all are just sorry-ass whiners.
    if your lot in life is so sorry then why don't you go do something about it, and quit yer *****in'.

Why aren't you all accepting this as we do/should accept the judge's decision of GC....?
    The Nobel Prize is given to a person THEY deem to deserve it... It is not YOUR call..Not in the least little bit..not one goddamn iota...but you all act like little children thinking you have an opinion as to what car the neighbor's should buy.
    ***** ***** *****..you are pathetic. You just want to drag Obama down, you do not care about the Peace Prize...it has never ever been discussed on this board...but all of you just want to talk shit about a man because your lives suck..and not because of what he did, but because of what you all did...sure blame him...he made you greedy and stupid..he IS YOUR DADDY?
    Go tell YOUR father how bad he raised you. Go tell your father his sperm sucks. Go tell your momma she shouldn't have smoked while you were inside of her..or during the time you lived at her home. And Just for me tell her eating your salad didn't make you pretty..not one damn bit.

Obama is not the big meanie, and you are pathetic if you think he has put you where you are.
    Your Momma did
    Your Daddy did...
    but mostly YOU did...accept the FACT that you are the result of what YOU have done...you can change what you are...no one else can..not even the great Evil Monster in the White House.
    You're a sad sack of shit if you complain about what is out of your control...and you drag down the Nobel Peace Prize based solely on your hatred of the person getting the award.
    The Nobel Peace Prize does not have a buncha chuckleheads (like you all would be if you were on the committee..I can only imagine what the World would think if any ONE of you was on the committee, ROFLMAO) all deciding who gets the award..each and everyone that was part of that decision knows more about the qualifications for the award than all of you put together..but each one of you has an opinion about THEIR AWARD which is based solely on your imaginations and emotions.
    I've grown used to many of you reacting like children and not understanding the subject, and putting aside the facts, and stating your position as if it was coming from an adequate knowledge base..but this is the saddest I have ever seen a group of adults react.
    One person, outside of US politics posts EXACTLY why he got the award...and all of you just disregard his post...
    Sad sad sad...
    the only good thing is that it reinforces my opinion I have of so many of you...you're babies
    Last edited by luke frisbee; 10-10-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Daihonmei
    I did find other non-Americans voicing an opinion....
    and more US politic posturing when they should have been adult about it.

GOP mocks Obama's peace prize, Russians praise it

AP
    posted: ONE MINUTE AGO
    comments: 6

PRINT|E-MAILMORE

Text SizeAAA

WASHINGTON -While Russia's president congratulated President Barack Obama for winning the Nobel Peace Prize, Republicans see the award as so outrageous that they're using it to raise campaign money.
    Obama won the prize "for awesomeness," says the mocking GOP fundraising letter. Obama's honor shows "how meaningless a once honorable and respected award has become," says the letter, signed by Michael S. Steele, chairman of the Republican National Committee.
    Russian President Dmitry Medvedev had a different view. He said the award will encourage further U.S.-Russian cooperation.
    "I hope this decision would serve as an additional incentive for our common work to form a new climate in world politics and promote initiatives which are fundamentally important for global security," Medvedev said in a letter to Obama.
    Steele said Obama hasn't accomplished enough to deserve the prize. Numerous Democrats and independents have expressed similar views, although generally in less bombastic terms.
    Asking for contributions to the RNC of $25 to $1,000, Steele wrote that "the Democrats and their international leftist allies want America made subservient to the agenda of global redistribution and control. And truly patriotic Americans like you and our Republican Party are the only thing standing in their way."
    Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro called the Nobel award a "positive step," although he said it was more a repudiation of former President George W. Bush than a recognition of anything concrete Obama has done.
    South Africa's president, Jacob Zuma, cited a Zulu term "Ubuntu," which refers to the importance of community" in saying Obama's "leadership reflects the true spirit of Ubuntu because your approach celebrates our common humanity."

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    2009-10-10 23:19:22

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast