Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: seeking the truth in filtration product

Daihonmei

seeking the truth in filtration product

Here's an interesting quote.. Written in 2008--- repeat--- 2008, by a certain individual. That pesky Internet, this stuff tends to hang around forever. Can you guess the author of this firm and definitive statement?? Go ahead, try----

"No doubt, the very best way to filter this pond is by way of purchasing two Nexus 200 filters from Evolution Aqua and link each of them up to the two outlets from your central diffuser bottom drain."

Daihonmei
    O COME ON!!! Someone guess! Suzy? Andyanon? please guess. Pretty please?
    I'll give you a hint, it is not a physics professor. JR truth seeker

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Here's an interesting quote.. Written in 2008--- repeat--- 2008, by a certain individual. That pesky Internet, this stuff tends to hang around forever. Can you guess the author of this firm and definitive statement?? Go ahead, try----

"No doubt, the very best way to filter this pond is by way of purchasing two Nexus 200 filters from Evolution Aqua and link each of them up to the two outlets from your central diffuser bottom drain."

Can you post a link?

Daihonmei
    Sure can. Lets see how long it stays up As of 3:30 PM EST it is there. But you haven't guessed the author yet??
    Honestly I hope Suzy can take the shock.

( somewhere in another part of the world there is a Chinese Fire drill going on and folks are scrambling for a delete button! )

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Sure can. Lets see how long it stays up As of 3:30 PM EST it is there. But you haven't guessed the author yet??
    Honestly I hope Suzy can take the shock.

( somewhere in another part of the world there is a Chinese Fire drill going on and folks are scrambling for a delete button! )

No guesses needed

Duh! could it really be P.W.?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Gippner View Post
    No guesses needed
    Or does it really matter

I'll play

If the quote was written this way : "No doubt, the very best way to filter "a" pond is by way of purchasing two Nexus 200 filters from Evolution Aqua and link each of them up to the two outlets from your central diffuser bottom drain."

But being the quote used the word "this", made me think this was taken out of context, as the word "this' means he's talking about a specific pond that may have space, or other limitations.

The part left out is :

9. FILTERS! No doubt, the very best way to filter this pond is by way of purchasing two Nexus 200 filters from Evolution Aqua and link each of them up to the two outlets from your central diffuser bottom drain.

10. However, if you are confident enough for me to recommend another way to filter your water, just as well, but it does involve building, rendering and fibreglassing but will last and operate safely for many years to come – I can do that also – but I do not know if it will save you much money as the filters all have to be produced by hand and take up much more room than a Nexus but nowhere near as much depth so excavation and waste removal costs have to be taken into account at this time.

Is there even a carcass left of this horse
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Daihonmei
    Correct! The title of the piece is BUILDING A PROPER KOI POND - 2008 STYLE by Peter Waddington.

bullet point #9 reads ---

9. FILTERS! No doubt, the very best way to filter this pond is by way of purchasing two Nexus 200 filters from Evolution Aqua and link each of them up to the two outlets from your central diffuser bottom drain.

10. However, if you are confident enough for me to recommend another way to filter your water, just as well, but it does involve building, rendering and fibreglassing but will last and operate safely for many years to come – I can do that also – but I do not know if it will save you much money as the filters all have to be produced by hand and take up much more room than a Nexus but nowhere near as much depth so excavation and waste removal costs have to be taken into account at this time.

Please, the myrmidons in the audience can attempt to spin this one as they like. I simply point out that the statement was made that this was never said. And I knew it was---- here it is. I couldn't give a flip about which filter you support , I'm just pointing out how gullible folks are and how they can easily be spun by a good grifter. Was he lying then or now about endorsing nexus AS THE VERY BEST WAY? Was he lying when I got the glowing endorsement as author of the water section in KK2 or is he lying now? Any of the myrmidons having that odd feeling in the pit of their stomachs yet? remember, I'll never say I told you so---

For the record, I knew Kostie Killas from Philadelphia at one of the koi meetings. Tom lansing brought him. Waddy did not introduce us in Japan a good year later and there is an entirely different end to Kostie-- Maybe he'll share it and we can add it to the list of ' discrepancies'.
    In time, it will all become clear--- JR

MCA
    In time, it will all become clear
    That will take a LARGE vortex...and plenty of "spin". LOL

Sorry, I guess we don't vortex anymore.

Daihonmei
    well, the stuff between Waddy and I has gotten maybe a little too public and a little too ugly, even for me. But the truth is the truth. And I just wanted to get the facts out there. As I said in an earlier post, the guy is a charming, likeable grifter. And that is the plain truth of it.
    As for the filter? Endless river systems work fine but the guy villified them for years while promoting vortexes and then nexus over the old fashioned design of endless river chamber systems.
    I'm sure this paper he did on Proper pond design and filtration in 2008 was to help a friend with his business ( Sean is a wonderful guy and has helped many of us in his time. He helped Peter with his motors when Peter was down on his luck a few years back). But this paper also gives you an indication of just how easily Peter can put a spin on things. This is best, now it is worst, given time and a promotional agreement and it will be tops again. Doesn't make him a bad guy but when you add up the years of spin and bull it is hard to take the next "great idea" that comes out of his mouth seriously.
    So moving on-------