Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: BKKS vs South East Section

Daihonmei

BKKS vs South East Section

ANNOUNCEMENT
    It has been clear to us for some time that the BKKS Council would like remove the South East Section from the Society,... why?.....who knows!....the reason still remains a mystery to us, particularly as the South East Section has made its fair contribution over the last 27 years.
    In 2007 we faced a dilemma regarding the new show rules and in taking the action we did we brought about change, change for the better and the end to some ill thought out show rules that weren’t fit for purpose. Rule 32n prevents a section from having such a safety valve when faced with an impasse in negotiations within the Society. Therefore, as previously stated we won’t be signing up for it in 2010.
    Our representatives attended the meeting on 15th November 2009 where the Worthing Section put forward the proposal to suspend us. It was passed by 4 votes to 3 with 1 abstention. It gives us until 31st January to retract from our position with all our questions un-answered.
    The vote shows opposing opinions which are clearly divisive and damaging to the Society. We have made our position clear from the start of this un-fortunate and unfair confrontation and our best course of action for the benefit of the Society is for us to accept our expulsion from the BKKS and allow it to pursue its primary function to promote the koi-keeping hobby.
    To all the members of the other sections, if you supported us we thank you,...if you voted to remove us we bear no malice... that’s what democracy is all about and we offer you ALL our hand of friendship when we meet at the various shows and functions throughout 2010 and beyond.
    May I take this opportunity to wish the BKKS every success in the future.
    Yours sincerely David Brown
    South East Section Chairman

Daihonmei
    I sure wish someone would tell me what the hell they were thinkin....and why

eds
    Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    I sure wish someone would tell me what the hell they were thinkin....and why
    I've not been involved in this Luke but have heard a few things about it.

What did you mean, "what the hell they were thinkin"? Which side; the BKKS or the South East?

Daihonmei
    I don't even know which side to wonder "What the hell were they thinking?"
    I know I've enjoyed the SouthEaast Group tremendously and they seem to be more active and outgoing and have their stuff together more than the rest of the BKKS combined..I always looked ast them like the West Coast of the AKCA....
    What did they do? Outshine the BKKS?

eds
    Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    What did they do? Outshine the BKKS?
    Well very much from the outside of it all I would have to agree with that a bit. They didn't want to stick with some of the BKKS rules it seems. All too political for my liking really. I hope both sides carry on improving what they do; I'm certainly looking forward to the new location for the BKKS show this year.