Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask Peter Waddington your KoiQuestion

Ask Peter Waddington your KoiQuestion

I guess Peter Waddington is as well known in the States as he is in Europe. Later this month he'll visit the Holland Koi Show and one of our writers will interview Peter. In this blog we try to get koikeepers to ask us their questions to Peter. As you are all serious koikeepers I hope to get some very good questions here as well.

The blog:
    Ask Peter Waddington your KoiQuestion | KoiQuestion

thanks!
    Jeroen

Nisai
    Oh this thread is going to be fun.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ's Jeroen van Gaalen View Post
    I guess Peter Waddington is as well known in the States as he is in Europe. Later this month he'll visit the Holland Koi Show and one of our writers will interview Peter. In this blog we try to get koikeepers to ask us their questions to Peter. As you are all serious koikeepers I hope to get some very good questions here as well.

The blog:
    Ask Peter Waddington your KoiQuestion | KoiQuestion

thanks!
    Jeroen

Yes I have a question for the expert. Please, ask him " What happened to Jim Reilly's koi??? Or Thom Blischok's, or Ed Aremia's or Bob Winkler's ---- we are curious and would like to know?" JR

I guess there is some background here that I don't know about...

Nisai
    Fear not for the tip of the iceberg has just broken through the surface.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ's Jeroen van Gaalen View Post
    I guess there is some background here that I don't know about...
    Well, it is always awkward when one is the only one in the room that doesn't know what the rest of us know! And I don't mean to make you the sucker in the room who doesn't know they are in a rigged poker game. So I'll simply tell you that due to language barrier and cultural divide you are not aware of your 'experts' past history here in America and with isolated collectors in other countries. I would leave it at that as someone will no doubt fill you in on the 'cow pie' you have accidently stepped into. As for your event planned, I can only tell you not to tie your reputation to tightly to 'the expert' as you don't want any future liability should Grumpy revert to his old larceny ways. My former friend A.K.A. "Grumpy" is the Bernie Maddoff of the koi industry, I'll leave you to sort out the rest. JR

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Fear not for the tip of the iceberg has just broken through the surface.

LOLs. I'm enjoying the 'sailing' and current heading, so I'll navigate around the iceberg.

Yeah, not someone needed here very much. Thanks for the offer, but no thanks!!! I am with JR on this one. I had dealings with him once...and was not thrilled one bit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    Yeah, not someone needed here very much. Thanks for the offer, but no thanks!!! I am with JR on this one. I had dealings with him once...and was not thrilled one bit!!
    You sound like Harry Reed. Care to provide any details or are just into slander by innuendo?

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyfish View Post
    You sound like Harry Reed. Care to provide any details or are just into slander by innuendo?
    I actually mentioned it once before. Most here know I do the ebay selling thing. I had the opportunity, a few years ago, to get a bunch of copies of koi-kichi. Well, they sold as quickly as I could get them. I decided to contact waddy to get more. He discussed a new book he was writing...plus options on getting his koi-kichi books. He sent me price lists, shipping details...the works. Well, I decided on which ones and how many I wanted to get for sale. I was all set to go...Ready to send the man a check to get my books. Suddenly...gone like the wind. Didn't want to sell...or do anything. THAT is certainly not the way to do business. It was very unprofessional. Completely wasted my time for nothing. So, I sold what I had and never pursued the book thing again. Man went from interested and ready to ship...to nothing, in an instant. I have never met him...wouldn't know him from Adam. But, I know whatever he is selling...I ain't buying!! Then I saw his dealings with JR...and it was not hard to guess the mans character. A flake is a flake...no cure for it!!

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast