Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pope Francis

Pope Francis

The world has a new Pope and it sounds as though he is a very pious man. He in fact blamed international capitalism for much of the problems of the world.
    Regards
    Eugene

I wasted a perfectly good joke on the wrong guy because of this. I was in the gym and the pope decision was on the TV. A bunch of guys were standing around watching it...and waiting to hear who was picked. I looked at one of the guys and said...I think they are going to give it to Lebron James this time around, unless Kevin Durant really picks up his game. The guy looks at me with a blank stare and said, "Who?" I thought, great...I just wasted a perfectly good joke on a guy who does not know one of the most famous basketball players on the planet. Hate when that happens

Anyway, I predicted to my wife they were going to choose someone from South America or a hispanic country. Half of all Catholics are from those countries...and leaving in droves for the evangelical religions. It was a smart move on their part. Hopefully, he can bring some good changes into the modern era. Too many scandels in recent times...they need someone who can essentially clean shop. I wish him all the luck in the world.

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Just saw this thread. I thought Pope Francis is the right pope for these times as much as Pope John Paul II was for his time. Then it was a battle between two ideologies- capitalism vs. communism. Now, with communism pretty much neutered, someone with a bully pulpit needed to step up to protect the hoi polloi from big brother and his puppetmasters. Pope Francis comes as one seasoned in caring for the people in the margins of society, and gives a fresh reboot from the doctrinaire Pope Benedict and more importantly, from the moral insipidity of a church that failed to protect the weak in the children abused by errant priests. I hope he can stand up to the abuse of power and the lack of honesty, transparency, and fortitude that has been the hallmark of recent administrations, regardless of political suasion, and be a people's champion without the demagoguery.

Quote Originally Posted by yerrag View Post
    Just saw this thread. I thought Pope Francis is the right pope for these times as much as Pope John Paul II was for his time. Then it was a battle between two ideologies- capitalism vs. communism. Now, with communism pretty much neutered, someone with a bully pulpit needed to step up to protect the hoi polloi from big brother and his puppetmasters. Pope Francis comes as one seasoned in caring for the people in the margins of society, and gives a fresh reboot from the doctrinaire Pope Benedict and more importantly, from the moral insipidity of a church that failed to protect the weak in the children abused by errant priests. I hope he can stand up to the abuse of power and the lack of honesty, transparency, and fortitude that has been the hallmark of recent administrations, regardless of political suasion, and be a people's champion without the demagoguery.
    I do not think that
    Pope Francis believes in Paupol infalibility and there lies the diffrence. Just my opinion
    Regards
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    I do not think that
    Pope Francis believes in Paupol infalibility and there lies the diffrence. Just my opinion
    Regards
    Eugene
    What makes you think that Eugene? At the very least he knows he's not infallible when it comes to running the Vatican Bank, acknowledging clergy are terrible at money matters and not letting friends of cardinals run their bank anymore.

What makes you think that Eugene? At the very least he knows he's not infallible when it comes to running the Vatican Bank, acknowledging clergy are terrible at money matters and not letting friends of cardinals run their bank anymore.
    I was thinking of infallibility that was annouced at the First Vatican Council in 1870
    Regards
    Eugene

I was thinking of infallibility that was annouced at the First Vatican Council in 1870
    Regards
    Eugene
    So why do you say Pope Francis doesn't believe in papal infallibility? I feel that there is a joke coming.

So why do you say Pope Francis doesn't believe in papal infallibility? I feel that there is a joke coming.
    He acts human so not likely to believe in the 1870 dogma. Was a time where one could be a heretic for just saying the earth is round.
    Regards
    Eugene

He acts human so not likely to believe in the 1870 dogma. Was a time where one could be a heretic for just saying the earth is round.
    Regards
    Eugene
    The moment Pope Francis says he's not infallible, he becomes in that instance fallible. Thereupon, he becomes once again infallible:-) He is the right Pope for these times. The Church needed to show the world that it still lives by Christ's teaching, loving your neighbor as thyself. And the Pope's affinity for the poor and the downtrodden bears witness to that, and he leads by example. This is a dramatic counterweight to our perception of our leaders, CEO to president, as needing a certain measure of guile and craft, dishonesty if you will, dressed up as pragmatism, in order to govern. John Paul II came because of communism, Benedict because the church was losing sight of its identity, and Francis came to restore the church to its humanity from its institutionality, so that its divinity can be a light to the world.

The moment Pope Francis says he's not infallible, he becomes in that instance fallible. Thereupon, he becomes once again infallible:-) He is the right Pope for these times. The Church needed to show the world that it still lives by Christ's teaching, loving your neighbor as thyself. And the Pope's affinity for the poor and the downtrodden bears witness to that, and he leads by example. This is a dramatic counterweight to our perception of our leaders, CEO to president, as needing a certain measure of guile and craft, dishonesty if you will, dressed up as pragmatism, in order to govern. John Paul II came because of communism, Benedict because the church was losing sight of its identity, and Francis came to restore the church to its humanity from its institutionality, so that its divinity can be a light to the world.
    Very well put could not have stated as well
    Regards
    Eugene

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast