Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: don't know what' worst

don't know what' worst

I'm in the process of buying a smaller retirerment plqce and getting ready to sell the homestead of 35 years. Finding homes for my
    fish and bonsai is kinda problematical. Like selling off family. what a terrible position. Most koi were purchased as tosai and have been with me for years. many of the bonsai, have been around for decades.
    I was out watering this morning and noticed the "holes" in the display benches. Kinda uncomfortable feeling. Same feeling when feeding koi, you expect a certain fish to surface and then you realize they're having breakfast somewhere else.
    ws talking to a friend last nite and he said people ought to be forced to move every 5 years to save them from trying to shave down
    decades of accumulation. Couldn't argue with them when it comes to household stuff. But not with family
    Dick Benbow

It sounds like an opportunity to go out and visit the family from time to time. Just think of all the cool new places they are living in.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    I'm in the process of buying a smaller retirerment plqce and getting ready to sell the homestead of 35 years. Finding homes for my
    fish and bonsai is kinda problematical. Like selling off family. what a terrible position. Most koi were purchased as tosai and have been with me for years. many of the bonsai, have been around for decades.
    I was out watering this morning and noticed the "holes" in the display benches. Kinda uncomfortable feeling. Same feeling when feeding koi, you expect a certain fish to surface and then you realize they're having breakfast somewhere else.
    ws talking to a friend last nite and he said people ought to be forced to move every 5 years to save them from trying to shave down
    decades of accumulation. Couldn't argue with them when it comes to household stuff. But not with family
    They have served you well Dick, consider what you have learned from them....

Consider what the can teach to someone else....

Then consider their/your contribution to the education of others....

I would say they have done pretty well.....

Family yes....and that will never change, nor can it be taken away....

But being able to contribute to another's learning.....also can never be taken away.......

and also priceless....as are our pets....

The toughest part I think would be finding good homes for the koi, where they will be fed well and kept well and be made part of their new family- like a dog or a cat. Reminds me of an old old movie "All Mine To Give." I wanted to say good luck, but really wish you have enough time to interview all the prospects in the manner of being a social worker for your koi.