Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who will be the next US President?

Who will be the next US President?

Would like your choice and bet
    Regards
    Eugene

Just come out and say what ya wanna say...

It's hard not to bet on your favorite horse. I like the straight shooting horse. That would be real change. Trump and Rand Paul are straight shooters. But only one is getting traction in the muddy track. Trump by a mile!

Edit: "Change" was the rallying cry that ushered in Obama's presidency. Little really changed. The pie didn't get bigger, and the cronies thru lobbyists gamed and milked the system even more by getting an ever-larger slice of the pie. And the pie was being shared to an ever-larger population not born of the soil nor of the blood. The candidacy of Ron Paul, offering substantial changes, was quickly snuffed out by the Republican establishment, proving that it will be hard to change the status quo. Meanwhile, the country continues to see fallout from the Bush years, as the tension in the Middle East continues to escalate. There is helplessness in both the international scene, as well as on the domestic front- the economy. An ever-growing part of the populations is restless, as middle-class America dwindles. The country is losing the middle ground, and politics have become more contentious. Nothing is off the table anymore. Trump is not a perfect candidate, but he represents something that can blow up the gridlock, the second-guessing, and the revolving door between industry and government. The desperation is balanced by the hope that it will bring back a Camelot where public servants are once again serving in the interest of the common good.

Quote Originally Posted by yerrag View Post
    It's hard not to bet on your favorite horse. I like the straight shooting horse. That would be real change. Trump and Rand Paul are straight shooters. But only one is getting traction in the muddy track. Trump by a mile!

Edit: "Change" was the rallying cry that ushered in Obama's presidency. Little really changed. The pie didn't get bigger, and the cronies thru lobbyists gamed and milked the system even more by getting an ever-larger slice of the pie. And the pie was being shared to an ever-larger population not born of the soil nor of the blood. The candidacy of Ron Paul, offering substantial changes, was quickly snuffed out by the Republican establishment, proving that it will be hard to change the status quo. Meanwhile, the country continues to see fallout from the Bush years, as the tension in the Middle East continues to escalate. There is helplessness in both the international scene, as well as on the domestic front- the economy. An ever-growing part of the populations is restless, as middle-class America dwindles. The country is losing the middle ground, and politics have become more contentious. Nothing is off the table anymore. Trump is not a perfect candidate, but he represents something that can blow up the gridlock, the second-guessing, and the revolving door between industry and government. The desperation is balanced by the hope that it will bring back a Camelot where public servants are once again serving in the interest of the common good.

Sorry but it is 5am here at age 79 bathroom visit. You have have very good points . It is always nice to see a view from the outside. I have a subscription to the Bloomberg as well as faithfully watch The Charley Rose Interviews.
    President Obama did not meet my expectations. Donald Trump I would not like. Glad that I have no say
    Regards
    Eugene

Sansai
    A non professional politician as in Reagan!

Trump, a spade, is a spade, is a spade.

Maybe outsiders see it how it is.

We got third worlders running our nation these day's

We were up with 1st worlders.

Now we are down and out in Beverley Hills

Garfield

I am reminded of good ol' Abe Lincoln: "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

On the last election cycle, people were not voting with their hearts, but with their minds. Funny how people as a tribe get hit with lightning, and now they are voting with their hearts. They are voting for a candidate they believe in, instead of a candidate whom they believe is likely to win. The realization that the candidate likely to win is a perception shaped by mainstream media is now creating a knee jerk reaction on both sides of the flawed two-party system, where the dark horse or nuisance candidate becomes the people's choice, against party hierarchies that are out of touch and out of sync with constituents.

It is a good sign, as people throw out fear as basis for their choice. They have righteous anger in their hearts, yet they have hope in the future, as they will themselves to support candidates that put their comfort levels at risk. They have nothing to lose, as things look bleak with the status quo. The status quo, with their fake posturing of being brave and compassionate and proudly American, is already outed as beholden to special interests, foreign and domestic, and is seen as a fifth column, working against the principles of justice and liberty.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=yerrag;219894]I am reminded of good ol' Abe Lincoln: "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Churchill said it better; You can always count on Americans to do the right thing in the end after they have tried out everything first
    Regards
    Eugene

[QUOTE=Eugeneg;219895]
    I am reminded of good ol' Abe Lincoln: "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Churchill said it better; You can always count on Americans to do the right thing in the end after they have tried out everything first
    Regards
    Eugene
    Englishmen are good with back-handed compliments.

Sansai
    [QUOTE=yerrag;219896]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    Englishmen are good with back-handed compliments.
    I thought you might be an Englishman

I believe they are tighter than Scotsman?

Garfield

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast