Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koi threads gone wild...

Koi threads gone wild...

Is there a good way to get back some of these threads that were very informative and good deabtes.. People who want to learn suffer from bad attitudes of others. I like good debates and so often many do no agree with each other with is part of life.

Some recent threads have been killed and I actually did look forward to some of them..

Joe

Kinda miss those threads, they tend to bring balance to the leave it to beaver pace of the board.... Oh well, in this hobby I have come to know that not alot of people admit to being an expert.

Tategoi
    I agree. I just wrote Jim and suggested that I delete my comments towards David and that Jim contact him and ask him to remove his post entirely so the thread can be reopened. JR

Not just threads, what about articles? I went back to read the Sakai article on the front page and every last pic was gone......wish I'd saved it to disk.

Marie

Thumbs down An another one bites the dust

It is a bit pathetic that informative debate gets hijacked so often. There are times when I wish pettyposts could either be edited or deleted, but then again if I was the moderator how much time would I want to devote to "fixing" BS? I think I'd probably get tired of it pretty quick.

Tategoi
    Well, as you all know I post a lot. I enjoy it and it is a great outlet posting about my hobby and passion. I look at the number of posts that I make or have made on 6 boards and I would guess it is approaching 10,000!??
    Now it would be weird if with all those posts I did not make a few enemies. And also, people I don't like! I'm only human and people can rub us the wrong way. I've also found that I am a magnet for the nuts!
    As I think back, I have found 6 or 8 people I really, really do not like. That's not a bad track record considering I've found hundreds I enjoy taking to immensely.
    I'd say that 30% of those people I actually know, see and interact with in real life. The rest are brief chats with fellow hobbyists.
    What I'm saying here is- it is unrealistic that you can be on these boards and NOT make 'make believe' rivals. And in real life- real rivals. I've been in 'koi politics' and that is where the real rivals are made- but that is another thread.
    JR

It's ok to have enemies on the board.. but how many would act like that in person?.

I have met many people from this board and other boards traveling from East Coast to West Coast and beyond to Japan etc.. Most I have laughs with and some well some are 1 can short of a 6 pack. LOL

I guess what I am saying is when one wants to resort to violence over a colored carp then its no longer about the hobby...

Joe

I liked reading those threads too. I just skim past the bs stuff, and read the rest.
    I wondered why they didn't just go to Outside?
    That's the place for threads gone bad. Its a better solution than locking it, at least for a while, unless it get really bad.
    The Outside isn't being used much anymore.

I try to read past the BS too, but putting a good thread gone bad "outside" pretty much relegates it to the unvisited and useless netherworld. I completely understand why JN chose to put his foot down. Trying to regain some semblence of control by sending an unmistakable message. Fortunately the best recent example of one being edited and restored has now been re-opened.

Oyagoi
    Outside is fine with me. I think jnorth kept that one in play due to numerous listener requests. It was a good thread until JR got nasty and personal.

Jnorth knows he has standing permission to edit or delete any of my posts he sees fit for the sake of the board.

I kind of agree with aquitori too tho, the fights are the most watched show on TV on Fri nights. When JR visits me to pick up his crown I will videotape it for you guys.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast