Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you actually went to college?

Banned

How many of you actually went to college?

I want to know if college is really needed or not? Is it overated? Is it capitalistic? Ha, I dont need to ask the last question..
    They charge way to much money for college.

This is a poll, How many of you actually went to college, and got a degree?

I have a degree in applied physics from the university of albany, ny...then became a Foot Doctor from the New York College of podiatric medicine. Spent about 10 years in college...undergrad was one of the greatest times of my life!!! Go to college...you have the rest of your life to be a working stiff!!! I also have to say it paid off...pretty successful these days. Can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhelper View Post
    I want to know if college is really needed or not? Is it overated? Is it capitalistic? Ha, I dont need to ask the last question..
    They charge way to much money for college.

This is a poll, How many of you actually went to college, and got a degree?
    Never went to a major university, I got my Associates at a JR College, until I got into working. But honestly, Lil'dude...you should consider finishing your education at every level you are at. Education is real life, koi is a hobby...koi cant pay for your mortgage, unless you are a dealer...but if you dont have the educational back ground to get you by in life you will find life is hard....But you first have to ask yourself what you want to be i.e. profession and drive yourself to study like you drive yourself to study koi.

Homework first, then koi Grasshoppa!!!

This needs to go to the outside...because it is off topic...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

went two years to college to get my teaching degree and then the Vietnam war came along. I was working nights to put myself thru and grades were slipping.....ended up enlisting in the army and becoming a member of the armed forces radio and television service. Ended up stationed in japan and fell in love with people and culture. This event shaped my entire life....I still love to teach but it's always about koi,bonsai or things japanese

I encouraged my kids to get their degrees, daughter is a teacher and son majored in business and works for FAA....but i also told them both to follow their hearts, don't get education to get a high paying job, do what your passionate about. I give you the same advice....you can love koi and still get a degree in fisheries biology or horticulture. Kentaro Sakai of hiroshima sakai
    got his degree ....plus apprenticed here in seattle area to learn our culture and language.

I'm glad you asked...get your education (please)

Stay in School.

I graduated from a Junior College, a "name" private university in Northern California, and Graduate school in Indiana. Numerous additional post graduate courses and programs. Life is about learning.

Stay in school.

Banned

I do want to go to college

But I have no Idea what to be! I also hate how the colleges, MOst, are capitalistic, and all. It is going to cost so much money for me to go to college, WAY TO MUCH!.

Dont worry, my education will not stop with high school.

The Capitalistic stuff is BS...Once you decide what you want to become, figure out how to make it happen. I took school loans up the yum yum....you will pay em back like everyone else...don't worry about that stuff. You can also work as you go through school..many do it this way. You know...we need another koi veterinarian !!!! Look into the aquaculture industry or marine biology...maybe that will wet your whistle!!

Jumbo
    Education is something no one can take away from you. College is the best experience in your life. It is nothing like grade school or even high school. College is a great cornerstone in your life. Best of Luck.

Banned
    Then why do they charge so much for it?

I have been looking into Marine Biology, Japanese ***, and others like architecture. I think I want to Major in Marine biology, and Minor in Japanese.
    I have already done 3 years in Japanese, so that is an advantage.

Sansai

So much?

Education is quite a bargain. For yucks, make a list of the expenses that colleges have to pay and divide by a hypothetical number of students. The expenses run from the obvious of professor's salaries to the salaries of custodians to cost of infrastructure down to cost of insurance. The cost is underwritten by donations from alumni (and I have the letters to prove it), private industry, and the government.
    You probably want to go to UCD, and the tuition and fees are probably 25% of the actual cost.

Besides, there's all that beer!!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast