Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Pond Peeling

FWIW, I called Sani-Tred several years ago to get an idea of how much material I would need, the cost and how to apply it.

The lady I spoke with told me TO skim coat the cinder blocks before applying the product. She seemed very knowledgeable and went into great detail for about 20 minutes.

Things happened and I did not get to build the pond. We're moving soon and I had planned on using Sani-Tred on the pond when I build, hopefully next year. I hope we can get this issue squared away before I have to make a decision.
    The views expressed above are my own personal views and, as such, do not necessarily reflect the views of the AKCA or the KHA program.
    SANDY

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    If I understand recent events correctly, the "re-do" is now failing as well -- even before the re-coating process has been completed? If you think about it, this is really a good thing, in that the failure is immediate and obvious. It would have been far worse if the "re-do" had appeared to have worked for long enough for fish to have been returned to the pond.
    Just to be clear on this topic, i have seen no delamination yet, though i believe Sani-Tred has indicated in a recent post that the newly applied material did not follow their instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sani-Tred View Post
    He did not follow the instructions ... again. This is what has caused the separation of the top coat of PermaFlex and why you are seeing the underlying coat of LRB in those small spots.
    At this point I will enjoy the pond until it fails...live and enjoy the moment. The bottom seems to have a twinkle of many spots, but we will enjoy these as an accidental decoration. My koi are excited to be back in the "big bowl" ... here's pic from this evening. Have a glass of wine an enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Peeling-evening-october-6-2009.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Burke View Post
    Have a glass of wine an enjoy!
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kntry View Post
    FWIW, I called Sani-Tred several years ago to get an idea of how much material I would need, the cost and how to apply it.

The lady I spoke with told me TO skim coat the cinder blocks before applying the product. She seemed very knowledgeable and went into great detail for about 20 minutes.

Things happened and I did not get to build the pond. We're moving soon and I had planned on using Sani-Tred on the pond when I build, hopefully next year. I hope we can get this issue squared away before I have to make a decision.

Another person that got different info when calling, I wonder if it was the same lady I talked to this looks like a regular issue with alot of people that called to get info

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011