Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Pond Peeling

Jumbo
    steve, dan and mike,
    you guys truelly have the b*lls. you have failed miserably with your last attempt with this product, and yet you repeat the same again ?

I truelly have to give it to you. you definately need luck, lot of it.

good luck
    stan

Well all I can say is I have been around water coatings for the past 20+ yrs, and I wouldn't spend 2 cents on Sani-Treds crap after hearing this bozo's BS!!!!!!!!!!!! He's got a very poor customer relations problem as well as a huge ego problem thinking he's right and everyone else is wrong! Either your product works as described or it doesn't. And from testimonials, their product doesn't work very well for ponders unless you follow their BS to the Tee which is not what selling a product to a end consumer is about period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thier coating seems to have such a fine line of how to apply and how not to apply, it seem to be a complete waste of time and money. There are way better coatings out their. IMHO
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Quote Originally Posted by woodyaht View Post
    Well all I can say is I have been around water coatings for the past 20+ yrs, and I wouldn't spend 2 cents on Sani-Treds crap after hearing this bozo's BS!!!!!!!!!!!! He's got a very poor customer relations problem as well as a huge ego problem thinking he's right and everyone else is wrong! Either your product works as described or it doesn't. And from testimonials, their product doesn't work very well for ponders unless you follow their BS to the Tee which is not what selling a product to a end consumer is about period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thier coating seems to have such a fine line of how to apply and how not to apply, it seem to be a complete waste of time and money. There are way better coatings out their. IMHO
    Chris, after reading all the post, I tend to agree with you. I do know several people who have used it with no problems, but I know of more people who are unhappy with the product.

This product is not user friendly......

Give me good ole plaster with nelsonite over it any day.... More bang for your buck........

Meg
    I went back over my pond build pictures to see what I could see and other than it being a tacky mess to work with (like painting on tar) I found it rather idiot proof, or so I found, but this thread reads crazy.
    I did find the with the few questions I called in to ask, although friendly, it seemed as those answering the phone had no working knowledge. Knowing I had only a window of time to get the second coat down I was concerned about walking on the first coat, was suggested by sanitred to wear golf shoes. I'd not have the foot prints if had been told to wait till the product was dry enough to walk on and that there would be enough time to finish the second coat as the second goes much fast....like I said they seemed to have people on the phone with no working knowledge of the product.
    but 5 years and I have had no problems with my pond being sealed.
    *sanitred went on in two simple coats over an old cement floor, old walls with paint pressure washed off and new walls that are skimcoated smooth and all the joints rounded out with cement and skimcoat, I used no LRB(?)
    I also sealed a halved whiskey barrel with the left overs for my lotus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Peeling-img_2975.jpg   Pond Peeling-roller-knives.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I went back over my pond build pictures to see what I could see and other than it being a tacky mess to work with (like painting on tar) I found it rather idiot proof, or so I found, but this thread reads crazy.
    I did find the with the few questions I called in to ask, although friendly, it seemed as those answering the phone had no working knowledge. Knowing I had only a window of time to get the second coat down I was concerned about walking on the first coat, was suggested by sanitred to wear golf shoes. I'd not have the foot prints if had been told to wait till the product was dry enough to walk on and that there would be enough time to finish the second coat as the second goes much fast....like I said they seemed to have people on the phone with no working knowledge of the product.
    but 5 years and I have had no problems with my pond being sealed.
    *sanitred went on in two simple coats over an old cement floor, old walls with paint pressure washed off and new walls that are skimcoated smooth and all the joints rounded out with cement and skimcoat, I used no LRB(?)
    I also sealed a halved whiskey barrel with the left overs for my lotus.
    Meg,

I remember your build I think it was just about the time I did mine, you had skim coated and rounded your corners and I planned to do the same and had rounded the corners in mine then called to order the Sani-Tred and was told not to skim coat. Along with being told dish soap and water between coats was fine, wich I think has lead to some of the delamination issues I am having I think you are one of the lucky ones with no issues so far, I wish I had just skim coated mine as I think it might have worked better. I had issues with thousands of pin holes in the Sani-Tred even after three coats of the permaflex on the block walls. My pond is fine where I used mortor to round the corners the rest is starting to peel off in large patches.
    Stacey

Meg
    Stacey is it coming off the block or the floor...or both?

I remember your build, and with the first trouble with pin holes I first had thought it might be that you did a black on black with the 2 coats and missed some spots...but then you did a third and still had trouble

I had left my new block walls raw but had skimcoated the old rough walls. I remember suggesting to you to skim all the walls because the coverage was better with the permaflex on the skimmed walls and it took much more product to cover the raw block walls.

didn't gOOse use sanitred too? do you know how is his pond holding up?
    he had that stuff on about 3 or 4 different surfaces tying them together!

Stacey is it coming off the block or the floor...or both?

I remember your build, and with the first trouble with pin holes I first had thought it might be that you did a black on black with the 2 coats and missed some spots...but then you did a third and still had trouble

I had left my new block walls raw but had skimcoated the old rough walls. I remember suggesting to you to skim all the walls because the coverage was better with the permaflex on the skimmed walls and it took much more product to cover the raw block walls.

didn't gOOse use sanitred too? do you know how is his pond holding up?
    he had that stuff on about 3 or 4 different surfaces tying them together!

It is peeling off the floor in big patches, and the walls are delaminating between coats. I have not heard if gOOses pond is ok, I might send him a PM and ask.

Tosai
    Koi Forum,
    Thank you all for your help. After several years of difficulty in getting this resolved, our pond is back and our koi are loving life once again...here's the latest picture.
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Peeling-img_0115.jpg  

Steve,

Did you get a answer from randy on the white spots?

I remember your build, and with the first trouble with pin holes
    Meganne,
    I thought pin hole were from applying too thick of a coat? I know on my test patches that was the cause.
    When I did have help , I went back and found many bubbles which if left became pin holes. I had to re-roll many times on the affected area to remedy them.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast