Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: New Test Tank

  1. #11
    Tategoi
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    313
    Nervermind, I think I found a photo.....the stuff kind of looks like pumice?

  2. #12
    Jumbo
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Crooked River Ranch, OR.
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    Nervermind, I think I found a photo.....the stuff kind of looks like pumice?
    Here's a couple of pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Test Tank-feather-rock.jpg   New Test Tank-feather-rock-2.jpg  

  3. #13
    Jumbo
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Crooked River Ranch, OR.
    Posts
    998
    I have been adding 2 fish a day, up to 6 now. Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate all staying at 0. The fish are very active, for more so than in the pond. I don't know if it's because they are enjoying the new current, or if they are trying to escape it. Or maybe just enjoying swimming end to end. I wish they could talk.

  4. #14
    Daihonmei PapaBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Davenport, Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I have been adding 2 fish a day, up to 6 now. Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate all staying at 0. The fish are very active, for more so than in the pond. I don't know if it's because they are enjoying the new current, or if they are trying to escape it. Or maybe just enjoying swimming end to end. I wish they could talk.
    Now THAT would be cool
    Are you feeding heavily as you get them established or taking it slow?

  5. #15
    Jumbo
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Crooked River Ranch, OR.
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Now THAT would be cool
    Are you feeding heavily as you get them established or taking it slow?
    Nope, water is 72 degrees and I am feeding as heavy as I have time to.

  6. #16
    Jumbo
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Crooked River Ranch, OR.
    Posts
    998
    I have been moving two or three fish a day. I think I got 8 or 10 in there now, mostly 20 to 24 inchers. Every morning I test the water and still no readable levels of ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate. I just can't say enough for the showers, they are simply amazing.

  7. #17
    Tategoi
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    313
    That is really impressive, Steve. Thanks for sharing your findings.

    Are you still observing evidence of bacterial colonization primarily on the Bakki media, and not the wet substrate?

    Paul

  8. #18
    Jumbo
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Crooked River Ranch, OR.
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    That is really impressive, Steve. Thanks for sharing your findings.

    Are you still observing evidence of bacterial colonization primarily on the Bakki media, and not the wet substrate?

    Paul
    I don't know really how I would tell the difference.
    I finished moving the fish. 3 last night and 3 this morning. I am showing small traces of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. Less than 25 ppm but there.

  9. #19
    Jumbo
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Crooked River Ranch, OR.
    Posts
    998
    I took a picture tonight. The Koi will swim up and fight the current for a bit, then drift down to the center, then turn around and do it all over again. Here's a whole row of wet, wiggly buts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Test Tank-74.jpg  

  10. #20
    Tategoi Peppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    497
    Birdman, I really enjoyed your website and pond pictures and videos.

    Showgirl? Oh. My. Gosh. How tickled you must be to have her. Wow.

    Someday, when I get this pond thing down pat, I could only hope to own an Asagi anywhere close to Showgirl.

    The other Koi are beautiful as well.

    I'm curious about the wooden docks. What kind of wood do you use and how are they setting on the liner? Or are they cantelevered?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. This is a test
    By luke frisbee in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 11:56 AM
  2. Test
    By kntry in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
  3. test
    By Brian in forum Outside
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 02:05 PM
  4. Help Needed: Show Tank as Q Tank???
    By JosephandGabby in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com