Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pond design

  1. #31
    Oyagoi Eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEBRA View Post
    Eugene I'm using schedule 40 PVC and did the total friction head for all 6 returns and they are very low the highest return line is 4.54' total friction head at 60 GPM with 2'' lines. So a low RPM 1/8 Hp pump using 230 volts will be very efficient to run. There will be 3 pumps that size for each bottom drain and 2- 1/4 Hp for the skimmers. Well here is some more pic's first is were i Had to dig up the bottom drain and air line pipes to attach the elbows to come straight up to the filtration plant then fill with sand. Next pic is my very good friend Dave, that has helped me so much he's filling the blocks with cement while i would be mixing it up and bringing it to him thanks Dave! Hopefully I will be paging the walls this week.
    Looks good . I wired for 230v but ended up useing the 120 v as the cost saving of electrical use was mostly in the life of the motors, Recepticals do have to be changed and everyrthing has to be ground fault. In a damp situation it is just a lot safer to use 120v . You could end up being dead wrong. No harm in running exta wireing through conduit
    I have a friend that puts up a greenhouse over his pond and takes down each year would be great to have one for the winter. The ones from DE boors Greenhouses would work good.
    Regards
    Eugene

  2. #32
    Nisai ZEBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    60
    Guess what more rain, with the wind and rain i had to put up a new tarp so I could parge- stucco the blocks. filled each corner and bottom with a 3'' wide angle of cement and chiseled out the bottom drains then started to parge the walls. Not a job I really like, 84' long and 8' high very hard on the old arms but its coming along should be done tomorrow.Then just have to cap the top and I can start to fill the pond after its cured .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-002a.jpg   Pond design-004a.jpg   Pond design-007a.jpg   Pond design-009a.jpg   Pond design-010a.jpg  

    Pond design-011a.jpg  

  3. #33
    Nisai ZEBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    60
    The cement stucco is done and now I'm going to insulate the pond and work on the TPR plumbing. If the weather gets better Ill work on the waterfall wall and then tile but its getting colder out. Just a little picture of the SNOW for you all. HOHOHO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-011a.jpg  

  4. #34
    Nisai ZEBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    60
    Weather has been allot nicer lately so I got allot more done. Any suggestions on putting my fish in the new pond? how long should I wait after the water has been filled till they can be put in the new water? The fish have to go in the new pond because they are just in a above ground pool as seen in first page being its late and getting very cold now. Working along to Get R Done. more pictures to come SN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-001a.jpg  

  5. #35
    Oyagoi Eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEBRA View Post
    Weather has been allot nicer lately so I got allot more done. Any suggestions on putting my fish in the new pond? how long should I wait after the water has been filled till they can be put in the new water? The fish have to go in the new pond because they are just in a above ground pool as seen in first page being its late and getting very cold now. Working along to Get R Done. more pictures to come SN
    Nice to have this warm weather. I went to Michigan today and picked up
    a boat and trailer helping the US recovery
    I was much in the same boat with my pond , The PH was high so I drained
    it and refilled then put a test fish in for a few days all survived.
    Regards
    Eugene

  6. #36
    Nisai ZEBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    Nice to have this warm weather. I went to Michigan today and picked up
    a boat and trailer helping the US recovery
    I was much in the same boat with my pond , The PH was high so I drained
    it and refilled then put a test fish in for a few days all survived.
    Regards
    Eugene
    Eugene you can say that again, with this warm weather we are having I'm getting allot done working with lights because it gets dark so early. I was working till 12:30 last night on the filtration plant to have it ready for the concrete truck that arrived at 8am this morning. I couldn't have asked for better weather than what we had today. A good friend of mine Dave came over in the morning to help me with the concrete pad and said it looks like a nuclear plant with all that plumbing. Well the concrete pad and pump house is complete. Now just waiting for it to set so I can block it and finish it. Here is some more photos since the snow has melted of the progress. cant seem to re size the other pictures now but will try tomorrow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-001a.jpg   Pond design-003a.jpg  

  7. #37
    Oyagoi Eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEBRA View Post
    Eugene you can say that again, with this warm weather we are having I'm getting allot done working with lights because it gets dark so early. I was working till 12:30 last night on the filtration plant to have it ready for the concrete truck that arrived at 8am this morning. I couldn't have asked for better weather than what we had today. A good friend of mine Dave came over in the morning to help me with the concrete pad and said it looks like a nuclear plant with all that plumbing. Well the concrete pad and pump house is complete. Now just waiting for it to set so I can block it and finish it. Here is some more photos since the snow has melted of the progress. cant seem to re size the other pictures now but will try tomorrow
    Thanks for update I ended up getting a pro to help me finish parging as my wrist could not take it so I understand Next one I build it is going to be poured cemment
    walls. Will be there when you have an opening in the spring. This is shaping up to be the best koi pond in Ontario.
    Regards
    Eugene

  8. #38
    Nisai ZEBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    Thanks for update I ended up getting a pro to help me finish parging as my wrist could not take it so I understand Next one I build it is going to be poured cemment
    walls. Will be there when you have an opening in the spring. This is shaping up to be the best koi pond in Ontario.
    Regards
    Eugene
    Thanks Eugene you a welcome any time, still want to make it to your place but am so busy trying to complete the pond right now, but I will make it some time soon. Another week of great working weather to complete this pond. Started to block the filtration plant late today but didn't get much done hopefully tomorrow I'll get much more completed. Here is some more pic waterfalls wall is up tile around the edge is complete and the coping is done now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-001a.jpg   Pond design-002a.jpg   Pond design-005a.jpg   Pond design-006a.jpg  

  9. #39
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574
    semi-raised

  10. #40
    Nisai ZEBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    semi-raised
    MCA it will be raised 16'' to 20'' around the pond for seating.
    Some more pic's, coping and tile is complete .Digging for pump house and start on filtration plant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-001a.jpg   Pond design-005a.jpg   Pond design-007a.jpg  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pond Design
    By jimfish98 in forum Pond Construction
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 10:23 AM
  2. My new pond design
    By eds in forum Pond Construction
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 04:53 PM
  3. New pond design
    By Koiboy23 in forum Pond Construction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 10:22 AM
  4. Could use help in completing pond design
    By j-rho in forum Pond Construction
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 02:55 AM
  5. need help with pond design
    By kresler in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com