Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pond design

More nice weather and More Pipe! I think the majority of the filtration plant will be done this weekend other than the electrical and pump hookups.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-002a.jpg   Pond design-003a.jpg  

Some more pic's of more pipe just 2 more to run to the pump house for a total of 13 - 2'' & 3 - 1'' pipes in the pump house Wow! laying pipe all night long. Block work on filtration plant is complete other than filling the blocks pic's soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-001a.jpg   Pond design-004a.jpg   Pond design-005a.jpg  

Filtration plant is complete The DIY pond and filtration plant started on Sept 4/09 and finished on Nov 27/09. Lot's of long hard hours of work from early morning dark to darker where's the lights, and thank God for the good weather . Still lots of work to do - pump hook ups, air pumps, electrical, landscaping, covered deck, filtration plant cover, build custom water fall piece and 2 custom skimmers, pergola, and probably lots more so really far from done but the major work is complete. Lots of work will have to wait till spring. Please feel free to comment or give your opinion, feels like there is no interest but i can see there is lots of [email protected]@kers. My first pond as seen on the first page was as I learned from this site is a water-garden and was no safe place for koi. With the knowledge I learned on this site and other's I designed a real koi pond. Any guesses on how long it will take to fill the pond? I'm on a well so hopefully there will be enough water, just kidding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-002a.jpg   Pond design-003a.jpg   Pond design-004a.jpg  

Today was a great day even with 6 inches of snow on the ground blustery winds and blowing snow a temperature of minus -7.
    I got to put the koi in there new pond they seemed to love it. I just came in from outside checking up on them and they were swimming all around checking out there new home.
    The above ground pool was getting pretty cold they were all huddled together this afternoon when i netted them, but seem to be pretty happy right now and so am I .
    But i guess they should be considering they were taken from there old pond and put in a 3,000 gallon pool since Aug and now have a 23,000 gallon playground

Jumbo
    Good to see you still making progress. It's pretty hard to work when it's that cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Good to see you still making progress. It's pretty hard to work when it's that cold.
    Yes i will agree with you on that its tough when its that cold. Here's some pic's of the fish in there new home.The ice formed over night but is melting away now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-004a.jpg   Pond design-005a.jpg   Pond design-006a.jpg   Pond design-007a.jpg   Pond design-012a.jpg  

Update on pond DIY all of it!

Well spring came and there was lots of work for me to still do I mean lots! The pond was emptied and was coated with a liquid rubber. All the plumbing for the filtration plant was completed. Lids were made for filtration plant , and a 60 ft ditch was dug for filtration drain. Filtration mats and brushes were put together and air lines were made. Water falls unit was made and tested before installed. Hundreds of thousands of rocks had to be raked up for grass area and gardens. Grass area was seeded and 22 yards of garden soil was spread out for the gardens. Also 900 sq ft interlock patio was installed many truck loads of gravel were brought in for this also all by shovel 300 shovels full per truck load that's the flat rectangle shovel. I still have to build the covered deck that will over hang the one end of the pond, but that won't happen till next spring. I did all this work myself DIY. Here is some picture's of what happened this year enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-005a.jpg   Pond design-010a.jpg   Pond design-002a.jpg   Pond design-003a.jpg   Pond design-001a.jpg  

Raking rocks till the cows come home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-002a.jpg   Pond design-004a.jpg   Pond design-004.jpg   Pond design-001a.jpg  

Its [email protected]@king greener
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-003a.jpg   Pond design-001a.jpg   Pond design-002a.jpg   Pond design-012a.jpg  

Just some pictures of the walkway from the drive to the patio around the pond
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond design-006a.jpg   Pond design-004a.jpg   Pond design-005a.jpg   Pond design-011a.jpg   Pond design-007a.jpg  

Pond design-026a.jpg  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast