Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: My COnstruction Plans for new 7500 gallon pond

My COnstruction Plans for new 7500 gallon pond

My pond will be raised.

It will be 16x10, 18 inches above ground. 6.5 feet at bottom drains. Liner pond with concrete blocks to raise above ground with concrete collar.

Filtration will be in one of those pre-fab shed units they sell at home depot/Lowes/Menards. Unit will be 10x8 to hide all pond equipment.
    ten feet wide, 8 feet deep.

Chambers will be made of concrete mixed with Xypex.

Two 4" aerated bottom drains (koitoilets), three 2" TPRs on pond.

Water will come into the long settlement chamber at deep end, travel through brushes, to the shallow end, where water will travel through three 4" pipes through wall to Fluid bed. Fluid bed is 4 feet deep, powered by Dolphin AV150. 7-8 Cubic feet of K1 total. Next chamber (four feet deep) is filled with grey and blue matala to filter out fines and added bio. Then ES8500 pump, providing 5500 gph to three TPRs (1800 gph each). Each bottom drain will flow 2750 gph.

Skimmer line will have a 5500gph pump with leaf trap running 3,500 gph through skimmer, splitting the lines to two 2" lines after the external pump. Each two inch line will have a 40 watt AQUA UV on it, then ball valve, then a phoam phraxionator on each. Phoam Phraxionators will be located behind the shed. These will then gravity feed water back to waterfall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My COnstruction Plans for new 7500 gallon pond-pond.jpg   My COnstruction Plans for new 7500 gallon pond-filterpit.jpg  
    The views I have are completely representative of who I am, and may/may not be representative of clubs I may or may not be a part of.

I will eventually add a bead filter of some sort to the pond a year or two down the road once I get things really going and want crystal clear water.

I will be adding a midwater pickup three feet down, under the skimmer, and run that line to the filter pit, so that it will be ready for the eventual bead filter.

looking good Ethan... why go with a liner, sooner or later it will leak, tear. I would stuco walls with a sealer and be done with it, alot cheaper... Did you win the lottery? Go bigger 20 x 14, everyone wishes they did when they finish their pond.

Quote Originally Posted by sundan View Post
    looking good Ethan... why go with a liner, sooner or later it will leak, tear. I would stuco walls with a sealer and be done with it, alot cheaper... Did you win the lottery? Go bigger 20 x 14, everyone wishes they did when they finish their pond.

The liner is $500 including shipping.

concrete with stucco and sealer.....we are in the several thousands....

I can't afford anything like that.

I wish I could go bigger, but, alas, I cannot.

Fry
    use hallowblocks and concrete.... it makes everything cheaper....