Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wonder if I should use Aqua Ultra or K1

Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    wants to clean that crap every year? What a stinking mess. The smell stays in your nose for weeks. I don't know how professionals can stand cleaning gravel bottom ponds.
    Who you ask? Many pond building "professionals" LOVE rock bottom ponds because they get to charge BIG bucks to come back every year and clean them out. It's a major part of their income. If they built the ponds right to start with, there would be no yearly maintanance calls and no more income from that customer. Build them wrong and load them with gravel and you have a customer for life.

I know a pond installer (a good one) who finally told some of his customers that he would not clean their ponds anymore unless they let him take the gravel out and keep it out. He said there isn't enough money to pay him to clean that filth anymore.

PapaBear, I wish I'd thought of dumping some of that stinking gravel on his doorstep!!!

I wheeled most of the crap out into my very long dirt driveway and filled potholes with it and they still stank THE NEXT YEAR!!! Hard to believe but true.

CarolinaGirl, you hit the nail right on the head with that one. And that is so shameful. So shameful.

Today I installed a second 150 l/m aearator and a 1.5 inch eductor. That eductor seems to really be making a heck of a current. I'd had a submersible in there and the bottom was staying clean so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the eductor will do the same thing (sans electricity).

Now I have to concentrate on the stock-tank filter project. I'm excited about it.
    ...enjoy your day!
    5500 gllns, Ultima II 4000, Tarpon 6000, 1 Multi-Cyclone Prefilter, 2 - 5500 gph pumps, 1 Retro BD, 1 skimmer, max depth 4', 5% trickle 24/7 weather permitting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12