Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "Koi-Kichi" Filter

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    What is meant by "traditional Japanese style" filter?
    I am hoping to learn more about his filter Ric, but I think there is some Japanese mat in there and some peagravel......

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Good evening my little racist friend. Yes I still use towers. And also an 'endless river' chamber design ( horizontal) I found in an old Rinko in 1985.
    You know as well as I that Sakai did not invent Jmat. And certainly you didn't. You imported it. It had to exist if you imported it you twit.
    As for water movement and nitrogen concentration in water as varying from point to point -- you're clueless. In this foolishness you believe that ammonia tests show more ammonia in the corners of a filter than in the center-- or around the entry or exit point?

Please focus and answer that for me . Thanks in advance JR
    I think dementia is setting in! no-where in this thread has Peter said Sakai invented jmat!, and he even said early on he imported it...

Daihonmei
    That's correct Andy. I wanted to estalish that both Jmat and hroizontal filters existed in Japan before they were imported. But lets not distract waddy from my question. It is getting leat in the UK and you know what that means. Racist wise cracking aside I think we can make short work of this topic by separating out the notion that water carries DISSOLVED ammonia the way waddy thinks it does ( as if ammonia was physical - as if was 'dust' in the water column). JR

PS Andy would you agree that I'm an Irish immigrant with dementia? I'm sure my Irish American breathern would like to hear some more! I've listed to vile "Patty" jokes from Waddy for twenty years now-- many of them quite offensive. But lets all focus on the Racist idiots explanation of ammonia carried on water current as if semi- buoyant objects and how it is extracted from water.

Nisai
    Nope, did'nt know you were Irish!

And on that revelation, its time for me to sleep.

Bordering ridiculous...
    Thanks!
    Sorry Peter. You won't convince me for one minute that water traveling horizontally through air curtains and media travels as a block, and my filter has stagnant water swirling around for eternity.
    Only until you dump the entire chamber to waste - then you can start all over again.
    I've added PP to my pond in the past. Dumped it right into the settlement chamber, then watched as the whole chamber/raceway went purple, then watched as the purple water invaded my aerated K1 in a DIY tote, then through static K1 before returning to the pond. I watched the whole raceway turn purple, then the whole volume go clear again before the purple water made it back to the bottom drain. So I've visually cofirmed that I don't have stagnant patches of eternally swirling water, I DON'T have a current of water moving from the input point to the exit point of my filter as your animations assume and I do believe you need to turn the water over as frequently as possible with consideration only for electrical consumption and turbulence. The quicker you get the waste out, the better off you are.
    Microscopic dyes 'dissipate' immediately - so do clays and mud.
    Algae/green water has the key to it all!
    Please do show a video of two things now. And considering how long we've been asking for it, and how "busy" you are building these filters all over the world it shouldn't be too hard to do.
    Pity, you have sussed my situation - I'm not busy and I spend my nights sleeping in shop doorways. I borrowed those pond pictures - sorry you are correct.
    -video of these spotless brushes after a dump of the filter
    How do I get a video thingy - I sleep in shop doorways and I'm not busy.
    -dump a dye or PP into the filter while running so we can all witness this "block" of water move through filtration. Be sure to only put a small bit of dye in so we can enjoy watching the leading edge of the block as well as the tail edge as it moves through filtration seamlessly.
    Once again - Dyes dissipate - they are useless!
    That or stop ranting.
    Yes Sir!
    You get all bent out of shape when people post their opinions without proof.
    I'm quite sure they ALL have 100% proof and I am wrong.
    So step up.
    Yes Sir!
    And "because I'm Peter and I said so" doesn't cut it.
    Absolutely correct Sir and this also applies to those suffering from Buyer's Remorse!
    So once again, you completely dodge the question with your nonsense. I guess I should be used to it by now.

The fact that dye dissipates in the water is EXACTLY the point in using it. I'll go slow for you here...

You say that my filters have water sitting stagnant and swirling because they're not ERIC design. I have dissolved PP in my water allowing me to visually observe the water tracking through my system. So again, the PP turned my entire settlement raceway purple. I then turned on the pump for that circuit and observed the water going from purple to clear in short order indicating that ALL of the water in my settlement is moving on to filtration and not swirling indefinately. I then observed the purple water entering my aerated filter. ALL the water in this filter turned an even tone of purple and then clear again as the water moved on to my static filter. By the time the water was getting clearer in the static filter, purple water was on it's way back into the moving bed filter so I never witnessed the entire static filter going clear but the color was definitely an even tone of purple throughout indicating that good mixing was happening and there weren't any "dead" spots in that filter either.

I have to use a hose on jet stream, or a pressure washer to get my filter brushes clean. And I don't believe that the brushes are clean after simply dumping the filter in your system. I've tried violently shaking them underwater and they're still not clean. And before you blame fish load or maintenance routines I have an extremely light load in my pond and I clean my brushes daily.

So simply provide evidence and not opinion or admit that you're assuming this is the way it is but *gasp* you MIGHT be wrong...

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    So once again, you completely dodge the question with your nonsense. I guess I should be used to it by now.

The fact that dye dissipates in the water is EXACTLY the point in using it. I'll go slow for you here...

You say that my filters have water sitting stagnant and swirling because they're not ERIC design. I have dissolved PP in my water allowing me to visually observe the water tracking through my system. So again, the PP turned my entire settlement raceway purple. I then turned on the pump for that circuit and observed the water going from purple to clear in short order indicating that ALL of the water in my settlement is moving on to filtration and not swirling indefinately. I then observed the purple water entering my aerated filter. ALL the water in this filter turned an even tone of purple and then clear again as the water moved on to my static filter. By the time the water was getting clearer in the static filter, purple water was on it's way back into the moving bed filter so I never witnessed the entire static filter going clear but the color was definitely an even tone of purple throughout indicating that good mixing was happening and there weren't any "dead" spots in that filter either.

I have to use a hose on jet stream, or a pressure washer to get my filter brushes clean. And I don't believe that the brushes are clean after simply dumping the filter in your system. I've tried violently shaking them underwater and they're still not clean. And before you blame fish load or maintenance routines I have an extremely light load in my pond and I clean my brushes daily.

So simply provide evidence and not opinion or admit that you're assuming this is the way it is but *gasp* you MIGHT be wrong...

Grant
    Grant

We use to have brushes in our settlement tank, and they never were clean after dumping our chamber... It was a chore to clean them and in the summer when we feed 12 times a day, I had to clean them daily... There is no way in hell that any filter is going to self clean those brushes...

The difference is I am not trying to sell you or anyone else a filter, I am giving you my opinion from our experiance.

You know the old saying money talks and bullshit walks..

Fry
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Nancy . . .

Seems Waddy has an endless supply of first time posters to come on Bito and ask a question so we can be bombarded by yet another cheap, tawdry trades promotion and circus act -- all the while avoiding payment of advert fees to Brian.
    My question was answered on the second post. You wackos pulled the "Wad" out of the cyber woodwork. What an endless thread of crap. Needless to say this will be my first and last thread in wacko-town. My interest is to learn more about raising my koi fish. Your interest should include sharing knowledge with people, like myself, who are new to the hobby. I guess I'll find my information somewhere else. Blow it out your ass koi-cop. See you later wackos.

My name is Dan B

Quote Originally Posted by bighatbulls View Post
    Originally Posted by ricshaw
    What is meant by "traditional Japanese style" filter?

I am hoping to learn more about his filter Ric, but I think there is some Japanese mat in there and some peagravel......
    Before "Japanese Mat" there were Japanese Koi pond filters.

Years ago the "Adachi style" filter was popular in Southern California.

Many of my Japanese ZNA friends have (had) this type of filter and some of my filters are a variation of this style.

"Adachi" style, if I get a moment to ask about this at the next meeting I will Ric.

Banned

This thread and others....

I'd like to ask a few questions to all. I will propose my answers, while inviting all to do the same.

1) Q-Who started these threads about PW's filtration system?

A-Wasn't PW- we all know who it was.

2) Q- Why weren't these threads halted at the very beginning of them by
    those who now protest against "free advertising"?

A- Because these same people wanted to trash PW on a public forum and
    this seemed to them a good way to go about it.

3) Q- Who has an ax to grind with PW and is too cowardly to grind it in
    another, more dignified fashion?

A- That's a really hard one! I plead the 5th Amendment...

4) Q- Why are people who have seen PW's filter working on established
    ponds and who have been "blown away" by it's performance and the
    testimonies of those who have been using them, obliged to hear on
    this forum that we are cretins?

A- Because this forum doesn't appreciate any comments from those who
    may have opinions other than those commonly accepted here.

5) Q- Is hearing info from a professional, when one is an amateur, a great
    occasion to learn and progress or simply a denial that maybe a guy
    who's done this his whole life might know a little more than you do?

A- Wow, that's a tough one.

6) Q- Is this a forum about Koi keeping, or a place on which one vents
    hatred and venom?

A- Thank God for the genuine people on here who want to exchange ideas
    glean knowledge and share their own with others!
    Otherwise my answer would be.....
    Yessireebob.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast