Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: "Koi-Kichi" Filter

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Well Dan, what can I say.

You wanted to know how the cartridges were assembled, I told you that Peter gave a clear and concise explanation on his website that took all the guesswork out of it, and never said a word about Peter or eric or anything else except in response to his commando tactics directed at me.

I never made fun of you for being interested in the subject. I've never made fun of Suzy for being interested in the subject. But I'm one of the wacko's no doubt.

If you care to go back and re-read the chronology of this thread you'll notice that Peter came in with his hackles up because I dared to suggest that these type filters were being successfully used by others elsewhere.

Note that I've never said that these filters won't work, nor has Don, or Nancy, or Grant, or JR. On the contrary, we've pointed out that they WILL work because there is a decades long track record of success for this type of filter.

I have taken his "math" to task as he is being far more "creative" in his use of numbers than logic allows. Whenever he is asked a simple technical question by anyone he immediately evades the question with mockery with an apparent aim to dodge and deflect because he cannot answer the question.

Here is the part you don't "get" about all of this.

None of us enjoy this. The name "Peter Waddington" was legend. His name was synonymous with "Nishikigoi" and "Koi Kichi", and both he and his books were sought after. He was the single most highly sought out and respected "Koi Person" in the western world, period. Even those of us who have never met him looked up to him with admiration.

And now we are watching him publicly destroy himself with fits of rage, irrational claims, wild tirades against imaginary foes, and attacks against people who never wished him any ill whatsoever.

If you think we're enjoying this you are mistaken.
    For me it is the saddest thing I've witnessed since I began this hobby.
    Well said as usual Larry. And I couldn't agree with the last part more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    Well said as usual Larry. And I couldn't agree with the last part more.
    I don't agree with this, especially the last part, Grant. You see, there's the very real fact that at this very moment there are new units being installed in the UK, the USA, Denmark et al. This is just fact. The filter is getting out of control!

Better it than us, right?

At any rate, PW seems anything but "sad" just now. Maybe he has something going for him? Perhaps a great filtration system that folks appreciate and want for their ponds?

Remember...if it looks like a good filter, if it acts like a good filter, if people who own one consider it to be a good filter, if it is selling like hotcakes......than it probably IS a good filter.

No motive for sadness in knowing that the hobby is progressing through professional knowledge and discoveries, right?

Best from Suzy

Quote Originally Posted by bighatbulls View Post
    Wow Nancy. Do you utilize air like the ERIC in yours as well? I see 2 pressurized units, are they also in use? How many gallons does your filter and your pond hold? The black pipe sticking up out of the filter is that where you flush the system? Wow and wow again.
    Sorry I missed your post. Yes all the filtration has air I believe that raceway is running 2 Medo 120 LPM. Yes the black pipe is a stand pipe, used for flushing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Sorry I missed your post. Yes all the filtration has air I believe that raceway is running 2 Medo 120 LPM. Yes the black pipe is a stand pipe, used for flushing.
    Hi, Nancy the pond is great as I said before. How does the standpipe work?
    As you know, I'm interested in this stuff, as my pond will have a system
    which I can't name here!

Mine will be about one fourth of the volume of the one you've described.
    I'm not jealous...just envious!

Thanks,

Suzy

Nisai
    None of us enjoy this. The name "Peter Waddington" was legend. His name was synonymous with "Nishikigoi" and "Koi Kichi", and both he and his books were sought after. He was the single most highly sought out and respected "Koi Person" in the western world, period. Even those of us who have never met him looked up to him with admiration.

And now we are watching him publicly destroy himself with fits of rage, irrational claims, wild tirades against imaginary foes, and attacks against people who never wished him any ill whatsoever.

If you think we're enjoying this you are mistaken.
    For me it is the saddest thing I've witnessed since I began this hobby.
    Oh, really?, I seem to remember in another thread that got locked not so long ago, One where Nancy basically said he should be dead, and I believe it was KOICOP, ended his Post with Waddy RIP.... if thats not wishing him any ill then I am a moron yet again. (see Nancy, that's an insult)

Also, lol at destroying himself, it really could not be further from the truth, I was screen sharing with Peter last night, while he was making his final post last night, we were laughing - trust me - he is far far far almost endless away from being in 'fits of rage'.

Unfortunately, you will just not accept anything he says, you have made your mind up (Just like me and suzy have.) and you and JasPR and KOICOP will just have to keep on trying to save the world from the Evil ERIC!

I however try and keep my mind open, again, when JasPR actually posts something interesting I read it.

Andy

p.s., if you wish me to find the posts relating to the RIP comments, I will find them on here if you wish, or I can you the PDF's that I recorded at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Andydon View Post
    Oh, really?, I seem to remember in another thread that got locked not so long ago, One where Nancy basically said he should be dead, and I believe it was KOICOP, ended his Post with Waddy RIP.... if thats not wishing him any ill then I am a moron yet again. (see Nancy, that's an insult)

Also, lol at destroying himself, it really could not be further from the truth, I was screen sharing with Peter last night, while he was making his final post last night, we were laughing - trust me - he is far far far almost endless away from being in 'fits of rage'.

Unfortunately, you will just not accept anything he says, you have made your mind up (Just like me and suzy have.) and you and JasPR and KOICOP will just have to keep on trying to save the world from the Evil ERIC!

I however try and keep my mind open, again, when JasPR actually posts something interesting I read it.

Andy

p.s., if you wish me to find the posts relating to the RIP comments, I will find them on here if you wish, or I can you the PDF's that I recorded at the time?
    Andy, when you come on to Bito, only to stir shit, and promote one filter, and believe what one person tells you, then yes you are a moron.... Yes that was an insult also....

Look there are many filters out there, that work great, and then there are ones that claim to do miricles, that is just impossable, there is absolutley NO filtration system that requires no maintenance. some require more than others. As far as what my husband built for a customer, I posted it to only show that there are many E.R.I.C. designs, and that Peter's is not the only one. Depending on EACH pond owners goals in this hobby, ponds and filtration systems are built to accomodate the fish load. You may not like the look of the one my husband built. Personally I would not have that design in my yard, but that is what the customer wanted and needed for the fish load in that pond.

EVERY manufacure out there claims to have the best filtration, the best pumps etc... It is for each of us to determine which one is best for OUR pond and fish needs.

Andy

So Andy,
    Have you ever seen me wish him ill?
    Have you ever seen Grant wish him ill?
    Pointing out errors is not an "ill wish", merely a correction.
    Peter has openly attacked me as though I was out to get him somehow.
    He has openly mocked Grant for asking a simple question that Peter cannot answer.
    He has made fun of others who have made the mistake of asking him a simple question that they sincerely wanted a simple answer to.
    He has "attacked" many who not only wished him no ill, but never implied any such thing.
    You can hearken back to as many irrelevant posts from those who made "RIP" comments as you wish, but that doesn't change the facts regarding his tirades toward others. You might also do well to read the context surrounding the "RIP" comments as well. Not sound bite snippets like some political hack might engage in. Contextually complete views that make it plain that nobody wished him "dead".

There are a lot of us who remember "Peter the Legend" and wish that was the memory that would survive. The "New" and "Re-Invented" Peter is killing that one by the death of a thousand verbal cuts.
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Banned

Question

So Andy,
    Have you ever seen me wish him ill?
    Have you ever seen Grant wish him ill?
    Pointing out errors is not an "ill wish", merely a correction.
    Peter has openly attacked me as though I was out to get him somehow.
    He has openly mocked Grant for asking a simple question that Peter cannot answer.
    He has made fun of others who have made the mistake of asking him a simple question that they sincerely wanted a simple answer to.
    He has "attacked" many who not only wished him no ill, but never implied any such thing.
    You can hearken back to as many irrelevant posts from those who made "RIP" comments as you wish, but that doesn't change the facts regarding his tirades toward others. You might also do well to read the context surrounding the "RIP" comments as well. Not sound bite snippets like some political hack might engage in. Contextually complete views that make it plain that nobody wished him "dead".

There are a lot of us who remember "Peter the Legend" and wish that was the memory that would survive. The "New" and "Re-Invented" Peter is killing that one by the death of a thousand verbal cuts.
    Hello, Contrabasso,

Maybe "RIP" means Really Interesting Posts?

In which case, I've got it all wrong. I always thought that it was a death wish
    when addressed to a living person. Bad stuff indeed.

Shoot, if anyone said RIP to me on a post I'd maybe take it seriously and look over my shoulder regularly...or else laugh myself fit to pee.

Everyone has a choice.So what's it gonna be, Big Boy?

in another thread that got locked not so long ago, One where Nancy basically said he should be dead, and I believe it was KOICOP, ended his Post with Waddy RIP.... if thats not wishing him any ill then I am a moron yet again.
    Hello Anydon . . .

Suggest you go back and read it again -- this time for comprehension.

As I earlier pointed out, E.R.I.C. is an acronym for the Japanese filtration system Endless River in Concrete.

I then pointed out that Peter's system in not an endless river in concrete but more properly should be referred to as a Limited River in Plastic (LRIP) or RIP.

I've never said a bad word about Peter, the person, or wished him ill.

I've never said his system won't work marginally well, as will many others.

But he shouldn't get a free pass from advert fees because of his celebrity status.

Nor should he get a free pass when he makes outrageous statements about pond volume and turnover rates being irrelevant when discussing filtration needs.

Best wishes,
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post

But he shouldn't get a free pass from advert fees because of his celebrity status.
    Shouldn't that be the responsibility of this web site's owner?

I assume that the reason you use "KoiCop" is you are in law enforcement?

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast