Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: "Koi-Kichi" Filter

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    HiYa, Stan . . .

Long time, no see.

Larry (PapaBear) is the one that's been invited to visit the south of France, not me. He's such a suckup.

Best wishes,
    If I ever get to go I'll send you a postcard

Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan View Post
    I think we have e`nuff of this subject.
    Almost done, Stan. I swear.

But for those who might wonder whether Peter's turn over rate has changed substantively through the years (but don't have his books to look and see) since 1. advancements in understanding the who, what, where, when and how of bio-filtration have been made; and 2. methods have changed to better harness that understanding, I surveyed the ponds Peter described in his 3 books (KK, K2K & Koi Crazy) for trendline turn over data.

KK (1995):

(pp 64-65) up to 1,200 gallons; brushes >> mats; between 450/550 gallons per hour
    (pp 66-67) up to 2,600 gallons; brushes >> mats; between 950/1150 gallons per hour
    (pp 68/69) up to 3,750 gallons; vortex >> mats; between 1200/1400 gallons per hour
    (pp 70-71) up to 6,600 gallons; vortex >> mats; between 1800/2000 gallons per hour
    (pp 72-73) up to 12,100 gallons; vortex >> mats; between 2500/3000 gallons per hour
    (pp 87-90) 26,000 gallons; vortex >> mats; 8,800 gallons per hour

K2K (2004):

(pp 196-197) 8,400 gallons; two Nexus 330's; 3960 gallons per hour

Koi Crazy (2009):

(pp 46) 3,200 gallons; brushes >> mats; 1280/1600 gallons per hours

You can do the math, but believe me when I say neither the designs nor the turnover rates have shown substantive improvements in the last 15 years.

And I'll leave it up to you to speculate as to why not.

Best wishes,
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Posting this here for the many that are IP blocked from reading it for themselves.

All I can say is if I responded to a customer or a potential customer in this manner I'd be living under a bridge.

JR painted a picture and the Icon is living up to it

Even lessor questions were asked over there than here, and this is how you gain customers and prospective customers Pretty sad

From the business man himself:

Listen, just cut it - it is now the end of the charade!

Your replies are pure boredom to me and may I say a few other readers?

So why not leave the genuine questions to the genuine people on here?

The situation is - You are in a corner right now and there is no way possible you can get out of that corner so please discard useless advice given to you from even more useless mouths.

You are up against Waddy now so be extremely careful and do not sling in red herrings because I can smell them from great distances - and I also know exactly how to resolve the problems surrounding red herrings Junior.

A reminder - people all around the world are reading this.

You stupidly raised questions regarding my flow animations on the website.

You obviously disagreed with them.

(Of course you would because you are hawking other boxes.)

So you raised your discontent on this Koi forum and that's fine by me.

So you challenged me - you had to - dare I say that you were even ordered?

Sadly you soon went quiet.

Once again a reminder, MANY people are looking at this thread.

Now, back to the question and the challenge - why don't you just fill in your views on flow patterns Gibborish because I am getting very impatient with your repetitive drivel!

Of course you dare not possibly do that because, in truth, they are pretty similar to my animations.

Am I absolutely correct?

If not, submit yours and we can all see how incredibly silly you and your advisers are.

Until you give me your own personal ideas as to how you feel the animations should be then I will give you no more further answers.

But you never wished for answers in the first place did you?

Incidentally, I am not ruffled - just amused.

Your reply Sir - please!

Waddy.
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Quote Originally Posted by woodyaht View Post
    Posting this here for the many that are IP blocked from reading it for themselves.
    I just find that one too boring to be bothered to read it.

Daihonmei
    I have to tell you guys, I am probably the one who knows the Legend in his own mind the longest. And for a part of me, it is sad to see this OJ type character end up the way he did. Like OJ or Michael Jackson or Elvis, My old friend Legend was once the real deal. He was first and 'early' in the koi game. And as such had bragging rights for years as a well placed recognition. But something then went terribly wrong. personal issues and personality traits ( and dare I say it- greed) brought about a different kind of legend. I won't launch into the diatribe about the details of the multiple stings of business partners, trusting customers, Japanese breeders who carried him, VAT taxes or any other past subject. But I will remind everyone that as we all get older some of us get wiser and more tolerant of our fellow man. And as good businessmen we give a product or service and take pride in customer satisfaction- almost as much as the dollars gained. But others only age chronologically and always see the next mark as just that, a prey item. In that transactional mentality the goal is the buck and the presentation is what can be hyped up and believed by the ‘lowest hanging fruit’ in the orchard. They then become the target.

As for knowledge level, it is a funny thing- it is not a thing you acquire and lock in the basement. It is a thing that accrues over a lift time of building. And the legend has not kept up. His level of knowledge was superior in 1988. It has never grown however and things he doesn’t know about this discipline of ours is truly shocking. If you touch on one area of weakness you will hear insults as he is so easily cornered on some many subjects at this point. Its sad for me to see. And I mean that. OJ should have retired with grace and not tried to stay in the limelight, “ forever young”. But I guess, like the legend, that was not OJ’s nature.

This ‘revolutionary new filter’ is a BOX, people. It has sections. It has brushes hanging in it and Japanese mat on a stick. This is the chamber filter first seen in Japan in the late 1960s with stone and later with Japanese air-conditioning filter and highway material ( which is what Jmats true purpose was). It will absolutely cultivate nitrifying bacteria just as any filter or box with jmat in it will. The water movement whackiness, that mesmerized early hobbyists in the 1980s, is just so much nonsense in 2010. Left to right vs. right to left?? Good grief.
    The decision to buy this bin design over any other bin design or home made unit is down to price, circumstance and personal abilities. And there can be a place for off the shelf versions of the chamber system. But please do not be fooled by the marketing hype as it is typical nonsense used by the seller to hook in the naïve. It’s just a box folks and buying it supports the personality that you have been treated to or the personality that abused many of you in the past. Your choice. JR

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post

This ‘revolutionary new filter’ is a BOX, people. It has sections. It has brushes hanging in it and Japanese mat on a stick. This is the chamber filter first seen in Japan in the late 1960s with stone and later with Japanese air-conditioning filter and highway material ( which is what Jmats true purpose was). It will absolutely cultivate nitrifying bacteria just as any filter or box with jmat in it will. The water movement whackiness, that mesmerized early hobbyists in the 1980s, is just so much nonsense in 2010.

Left to right vs. right to left?? Good grief.
    Memories ! LOL

Years ago I worked at a large office and the guys would meet for Breakfast at a place called Frisch's Big Boy . When ordering we'd order from Photos on the menu , a whole page of them and they all looked the same . We'd laugh and order #4 if we wanted our eggs on the left side of the plate that day while others would order #6 if they wanted their eggs on the right side .

They're still Eggs (or in this case "A Box Filter") !

Fry
    I suggest one and all take a cyber trip over to Koiphen and see the latest in technology. A shower system designed and built and patented by Zac Penn, of Deepwater Koi. His shower unit is one box 20x20x49. He is using Cermedia in two trays which affords 330,000 square feet of surface area. This system can handle 8000 to 16000 gph via 1600 holes and baffles in the distribution box that is integral above the media. He has also patented a 12,000 gph mechanical/biological air lift system along with a fines filter that handles 5000 gph. After reading the last go around with all of you regarding the eric stuff it was a no brainer for me. Progress....out with the old and in with the new. I am too old to be passed by any further !!

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132