Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bakki Showers Revisited

Sansai

Showers

Nice size, hoping for a couple of those, thats a great flow rate through, I have been surfing supplier sites and have found a number of afffordable models.

Now for a new element, whats folks preferred brands of pumps, I see most suppliers have several brands at least.

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Levi View Post
    Nice size, hoping for a couple of those, thats a great flow rate through, I have been surfing supplier sites and have found a number of afffordable models.

Now for a new element, whats folks preferred brands of pumps, I see most suppliers have several brands at least.
    I think what's most important is buying a pump from a dealor that will help you size it correctly, then be there for you in the long run if you ever need help or warranty help. There's a lot of good pumps out there, but many times getting help is the big problem.

Sansai

pumps and dealers

I am lucky in a way in that my first pumps will be somewhat modest in sze to get the 150% hourly flowthru. So need to find the right dealer now. Anyone with a favorite is welcome to PM me on theirs.

I have a few bookmarked, right now all are unknowns. That will change shortly. My main project this month is getting a greenhouse taken down and moved home and stored. Then start putting the system together to overwinter the first few. The first part of Oct going down to NJ to watch Mike's harvest and hopefully bring a half dozen home to grow out. Prior to that we are going to the MidAtlantic and enjoy.
    Jake Levi
    Oswego, NY

We are all in this together

eds
    Sansai
    I'm going to be buying one of these for my new pond, Isle Of Ely Koi - HP 33000

Moves over 7,000 gph for 295W and only costs £169! Means I can buy two (in case one were to fail) for the price of one other brand pump.

Sansai

Pumps

Thats a very impressive flow rate, the next smaller one is still twice the size I need, something to be looking at, good that they consider them suitable for Bakki Showers.

eds
    Sansai
    I've seen the smaller one working on a smaller shower at a show set up and it was blasting the water over the shower. We'll see how good they are in a month or so!

Sansai

pumps

Its pricey compared to Stateside ones but a very impressive flowrate. Was the show set up just for the pump on the shower?

I am looking forward to seeing similar at theMidAtlantic in Sept, maybe some show prices too.

eds
    Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Levi View Post
    Its pricey compared to Stateside ones but a very impressive flowrate. Was the show set up just for the pump on the shower?

I am looking forward to seeing similar at theMidAtlantic in Sept, maybe some show prices too.
    That's cheap over here! For example Sequence 12,000 (which move 2,600gph for only 92W) are £280! And Oase Ecomax 16,000 (which move 3,520gph for 170W) are £350! You guys don't know how lucky you are if £169 is a pricey pump!

Sansai

pump prices

I am just starting to search the suppliers so cant speak definitively on prices here, last I checked the pound was about two US dollars, give or take a tad. Need to look it up.

We do have a lot of pricier models for sure, this particular one looks really good, and the smaller one more so, but it is about 2 times the flow I need initially. As I said, I am just beginning to explore what is available, I am looking forward to seeing more up close and personal at the MidAtlantic in Sept. And getting one right after, maybe at there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12