Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EA Eazy Pod Review

Thanks Larry and Ed... that was the type of information I was looking for.

I may go ahead and purchase one and give it a try.

I will post pictures and update when I do.

Sansai
    I have one that I added as a secondary filter on my Intex QT (~1400 gal). My only problem has been with the waste valve - it is very hard to turn and leaks. I have a hose on it that I raise to keep the water from running out. This happened after about the 6th or 7th time it was turned.

Quote Originally Posted by GloriaL View Post
    I have one that I added as a secondary filter on my Intex QT (~1400 gal). My only problem has been with the waste valve - it is very hard to turn and leaks. I have a hose on it that I raise to keep the water from running out. This happened after about the 6th or 7th time it was turned.
    What was your primary filter?

Does the pond water go through the Eazy Pod filter first or second?

I have 2 Eazy Pods and a Nexus 300 on my 32000lt pond, one Eazy direct ex a 110mm BD pype and the other via a skimmer also a 110mm pipe and working extremly well., all systems gravity fed using K1 media

I would really recomend the Eazy Pod for use on a skimmer or QT tank and as secondary filtration on a bigger pond.

From both my Eazy Pods I pump via a trickle tower gravity fed back to the pond.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    What was your primary filter?

Does the pond water go through the Eazy Pod filter first or second?
    This QT is an "evolutionary" one, meaning I am always changing it! I have a retro bottom drain that goes to a 32 gallon trash can settlement chamber with coarse matting on the outflow into the EazyPod. It goes thru the Eazy pod back to the QT via a makeshift airlift ~800gph. I also have a Savio Living Falls filter( left over from my first pond via "pond kit" ). This filter is supplied by a submersible pump that is located in another trash can and has water siphoned into it - I know definitely not ideal, but it has worked for three years,I check on it often!
    So I suppose the water, goes thru the Eazy Pod separately with slight prefiltering.

Hi Gloria,

The ball valves used on your Eazy Pod (as well as the Nexus units) are adjustable. This means you can increase or decrease the pressure applied to the seals, to either reduce the turning effort or increase the seal. Here is a link to the instructions for making these adjustments;

EA Ball Valve Adjustment Procedure

Since yours appears to be both difficult to turn, and leaking, I would suggest you follow the adjustment procedure, and while you have the unit open, also apply a small amount of teflon gasket grease (Aladdin Magic Lube or similar). This stuff is non-toxic, and will reduce friction while increasing the seal.

Regards,
    Bill

Sansai
    UMm where do I get the teflon gasket grease and where do I apply it? Do I have to take the whole valve apart?

UMm where do I get the teflon gasket grease and where do I apply it? Do I have to take the whole valve apart?
    You can get "Magic Lube" at a swimming pool supply store like Leslie's Pool Supply.

This is a link to their store brand Pool and Spa Lube 35 oz.

Sansai
    I've had a nexus pod for about 1 1/2 years now. It works really well. I prefer my nexus 300 easy though which I've been using for 5 years. The K1 media tends to get sucked into the priming pot from the Pod sometimes or floats around in the outer chamber this is a problem I have not had with the 300. It cleans great IMO.:

See YouTube video;

YouTube - Evolution Aqua Ball Valve Maintenance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast